Author Topic: High Miler  (Read 86872 times)

rejeep

• M4wd Vendor
Re: High Miler
« Reply #510 on: December 16, 2015, 11:20:58 PM »
Mike
Can you send me an email summarizing the issues you have had...
Want to send to GB vendor also pictures of gasket ... Basically everything that has failed or is troublesome. 

I never wanted a red car.. always thought they were tacky and common...
I now have 4 very not common cars and they are all red.. :o

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #511 on: December 17, 2015, 09:27:40 AM »
I'll see what I can put together.

what I can't put together is the truck, was going to do it on lunch today but the injector they had in stock wasn't there. have to go over tomorrow morning too. I love driving around before I ride my bike to work so much I just can't fucking describe it.
Quote from: etk300ex
oh lord!

Harrison

« Reply #512 on: December 17, 2015, 02:41:17 PM »
I've been doing some reading on G56 trucks. Do you still have the dual mass flywheel in yours?

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #513 on: December 17, 2015, 02:47:47 PM »
DMF is long long long gone. Southbend dual disk in it. 3475? 3750?
oh lord!

Harrison

« Reply #514 on: December 17, 2015, 02:56:06 PM »
I figured. I am still wrapping my head around why they ever used one, but sounds like mostly NVH? No longevity concerns associated with the added noise and able to take more power?

Sounds like most aftermarket clutches use SMF. Probably worth doing when clutch needs replacing and allows a mild power bump or just ditching torque management.

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #515 on: December 17, 2015, 04:33:53 PM »
DMF is for mainly for NVH, also dampens some driveline shock but I would expect if it dampened enough to make an appreciable difference in carrier bearing or ujoint life that it would very much be a consumable part.
oh lord!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #516 on: December 18, 2015, 01:32:10 PM »
Injector wasn't in yet first thing this morning.

They did right by me for wasting two trips: gave me a jobber price on the injector and saved me about $60, and sent it to me at work via courrier. I got it like 2 hours ago.

now that's how to make up for a fuckup and keep a satisfied customer. The money they'll continue to make off of me and those I send there more than makes up for that little cost to earn that goodwill out of something that would give a bad impression. Why is it that I'm so impressed by that level of service these days?

oh lord!

rejeep

• M4wd Vendor
« Reply #517 on: December 18, 2015, 02:12:49 PM »
bc cheap is easy...

if you're going to pay more.. they better make it worth your wild
I never wanted a red car.. always thought they were tacky and common...
I now have 4 very not common cars and they are all red.. :o

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #518 on: January 10, 2016, 11:42:29 PM »
Pulled the fuel tank yesterday and found it quite clean. rinsed some fines and filings out of the fuel pump bowl and wiped some fines out of the tank. I think I probably added as much taking off the pump as I cleaned out. Very little water in there. Probably sucked the worst of it out running the tank down to empty. I don't think I sucked out much more than a gallon. 2.5 canisters of my air-powered HF brake vacuum.

The vent did have a hose on it, but it was short, level, uncapped, and VERY dirty. I'm quite certain I found my water contamination source.

I ran a much longer hose all the way up into the headache rack. I should have dry fuel as long as I'm not fording anything up past my windows now. Running better filters now after replacement as well - and the water filter has a sight bowl so I won't need to blindly sample. I can lean down and just look.

Here's to hoping for the end of issues. Hopefully none of the injectors currently in there are fatally wounded. I'm certainly surprised at the most recent one.

Next up: carrier bearing. Rubber is cracked. Should probably PM ujoints at the same time.
oh lord!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #519 on: January 13, 2016, 08:11:27 PM »
Finally filling this. 5 gallons in a dry tank did not move the fuel needle.

Including that 5, put in 52.5 in a 52.2 gallon tank.

I think I’ve put in 51 poon the road before. Maybe I shouldn’t push it so far :)

Tapatalking in traffic
oh lord!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #520 on: May 29, 2016, 07:10:37 PM »
Finally. Wanted the box out of my way. Probably won't get wired for a while but almost done mounting. Just want to drill and tap the end caps for larger bolts.

Tapatalking in traffic
oh lord!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #521 on: May 31, 2016, 10:48:52 AM »
All done.

I want a 20" single row on everything I drive. Better than high beams.

I was hoping the spot beam would be good for a fog light but I think I'll have to tip it WAY down for that, and it might still be too messy of a pattern. I'll play with that later.
Decent amount of wind noise from the big bar. I'll decide this weekend if it stays or goes. I think it's "noticeable but not objectionable."
oh lord!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #522 on: May 31, 2016, 10:53:35 AM »
Seems like there are a few methods to reduce the whistle. might give some of those a shot. I should run it for an hour and see how hot it gets before I fool with covering heat exchanger fins though.

I see some have luck with door edge trim on the fins, that'd leave plenty of cooling surface but I don't understand how that would change the wind profile much...
oh lord!

Ryan

• M4wd Vendor
  • Superstar
    • Lifetime LED
« Reply #523 on: May 31, 2016, 12:01:08 PM »
WInd noise is different than whisteling. The whisteling is vibrating fins, wind noise is just from the bar being in the wind.

I took mine off because its too much wind noise..... It annoyed me on long trips.

The 20" are all that is needed, perfect light output and in a better spot for not blinding you with hood glare.

matt

« Reply #524 on: May 31, 2016, 12:07:13 PM »
Look into the amber/clear ones if you are going to go for a 20" bar.

I have one mounted on the front bumper of the dually and love it.  Like you said, it is enough.