Author Topic: TFT The not white unibody  (Read 20366 times)

Callelle

Re: TFT The not white unibody
« Reply #210 on: October 17, 2019, 02:52:59 PM »
I kinda doubt it but it's possible I suppose. I have a suspicion that it could be the iac, even without throwing codes, since I have no drip tray on my hood vents and the throttle body is right under it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wingman

• Free Loader
« Reply #211 on: October 17, 2019, 03:49:30 PM »
Remove it and clean? Caleb did that on a red trail at F&F and it worked for the rest of the weekend.
Retired

Harrison

« Reply #212 on: October 17, 2019, 06:10:50 PM »
I’d throw at TPS at it and see what happens. They are failure prone and cause all kinds of weird issues.

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #213 on: October 17, 2019, 06:43:56 PM »
pull intake tube off trottle body, start   stick finger in iacv hole.  if RPM goes down your iacv or iacv wiring / driver is bad.  if no change its at full authority closed and trying to lower idle and you have another issue (vac leak ect). 

Callelle

« Reply #214 on: October 17, 2019, 07:42:38 PM »
Figured out the high idle. Unplugged the map sensor and it smoothed out, pluged it back in and it was a little bit better. Did the same with the tps and the idle went back to normal. Drove it a bit and it's got a dead spot at about 1/4 throttle. Confirmed by watching a data stream on my scan tool, says it's at 87% throttle when im not touching it. Gonna get a new tps and map sensor and it should be good. Solinoids in trans are probably gummed up and I'll replace this winter.

Harrison

« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2019, 02:07:46 PM »
Wouldn’t be surprised if all your problems go away after the TPS change. Shift points are based on throttle position too.

Callelle

« Reply #216 on: October 18, 2019, 02:37:51 PM »
Probably not wrong, I'm gonna pull the pan on the transmission and at least clean the solinoids up anyway. My pan is in pretty rough shape and leaks pretty bad, it was on the project list anyway. I'm gonna go through with swapping the map since the one on it is still the original and I already ordered the replacement.

Callelle

« Reply #217 on: October 29, 2019, 08:56:57 PM »
Back to running like shit again after taking it through Delta Scratch it. Only guess is water going through the hood vents onto the throttle body sensors is killing them, but dying after being exposed to water once is kinda surprising, especially after packing them with dilectric grease in the connectors. Symptoms are some high idle (1k rpm) that calms down to normal, stumbling at idle and at speed, transmission going into 2nd while driving at random, had 2 stalls in parking lot when I started it up.

Harrison

« Reply #218 on: October 29, 2019, 09:09:38 PM »
Boooo

Did you replace TPS? Did you see if anything was wet under the hood while it was happening?

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: October 29, 2019, 09:15:32 PM »
do you have some rice burner intake on this hawg?

Callelle

« Reply #220 on: October 29, 2019, 09:26:32 PM »
I did replace the tps. I wouldn't call it a rice burner intake, it's a cowl intake. Just a cone filter that takes air from where the hvac intake is, but there's no opening above the filter to get wet from. The only reason I suspect the sensors again is it ran fine all weekend, and this morning, but the second I go through the car wash, it acts up.

Callelle

« Reply #221 on: October 30, 2019, 10:48:17 AM »
Another new TPS sorted this out, at least on the short test drive around the block. We'll see how it does with it raining out today. Must have just had a garbage one that wasn't sealed all that well. Would putting a little bit of high temp RTV around the sealing edges be a bad idea?

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #222 on: October 30, 2019, 11:10:09 AM »
maybe that and a splash shield over it? Like literally some duct or gaff or electrical tape for the time being?
Quote from: etk300ex
oh lord!

Callelle

« Reply #223 on: December 13, 2019, 04:47:24 PM »
Last few pieces for this winter's upgrades just got here. Kingpin rebuild kits, new highsteer arm and springless cap, bronze bushings, studs, and knuckle re-enforcement plates. As soon as we get electric in the new shop, it'll be time to go to town.

I would like to get some new fixed seats, the ones mark has are a lot more comfortable than mine, we'll hav to see if it's in the cards for this winter.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 04:49:00 PM by Callelle »

Callelle

« Reply #224 on: January 12, 2020, 05:48:31 PM »
Splurged a bit for the sake of a more comfortable seat. I liked my corbeaus but the side bolsters were too tall and thinly padded for chonkers like me, leaving me with bruises after a weekend of wheeling. Also gonna be ordering some prp 5 point harnesses to go with them.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 05:53:06 PM by Callelle »