Author Topic: Jetta flip  (Read 1160 times)

mr.mindless

• Administrator
Jetta flip
« on: January 31, 2017, 07:23:11 PM »
Made a deal on what I figured would be Gus's engine donor and a front clip swap for my Golf today. I think I'll need to keep shopping for something worse.

'04 Jetta 1.8t 5sp ~140k on it for $550 with a second set of wheels & tires (probably all 8 bald - 4 sure are)

Looks like it needs some fan wiring fixed and a power steering sensor, and it popped 3 airbags. only body damage is the left rear door and some front bumper clips. Sounds like he already swapped in a radiator and support. Hopefully the ps pump isn't dead yet from running dry.

I'm getting a door and front seats for a hundred bucks tomorrow in Akron. I have a dashboard and airbags from the golf I scrapped. He pulled his radio, I've got one to throw in it. It was sitting with a dead battery but threw no codes in an hour or so of idling + lot driving. May need a battery.

I should be able to do decent profit on this one. Books at 2500-2700 which agrees with local market.
Quote from: etk300ex
oh lord!

KingtheZJ

Re: Jetta flip
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 07:37:52 PM »
We have perfected how to Craigslist

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 07:51:30 PM »
we just may have.
he did said something in front of me about the other guy that was going to give him 450. he never mentioned the wheels. they're only 15s anyway, nothing the least bit special.
Quote from: etk300ex
oh lord!

TrailTamer

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 08:26:57 AM »
We have perfected how to Craigslist

Before I moved here from Chicagoland in 2012 I was the go-to guy for buying, selling things on Craigslist because I "perfected" it. I think most of my craigslist deals were from you. You're the CL go-to guy for Rochester area? haha  8)

M

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 02:11:47 PM »
speaking of CL,  it's going downhill.  I'm finding less and less shit on CL.   Around here where I live in GA, everyone practically sells on the FB marketplace. Way better than CL too, scams and spam is nonexistent (so far!).