Author Topic: my extra garage space  (Read 5510 times)

M4wdFab

• Administrator
Re: my extra garage space
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2016, 09:57:23 PM »
this is not for Paul.  slope the slap properly and buy a 9$ squeegee.  got a Kero tube heater or a 600$ mr buddy with LPG tank like i have.  done. 

carchameleon

• Free Loader
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2016, 11:48:47 AM »
i agree with smike, the more i've read about the radiant floor stuff the more i think its more than i need/want to mess with.

i'll get a salamander for a while and then at some point maybe upgrade to a setup like smike's or erik's

most important, talking about it with Sasha, she agrees too, haha  :D

matt

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2016, 12:07:05 PM »
I got a buddy that builds drag cars and his only heat is radiant.  He said it is cheaper to run but more cost up front. 

I didn't like it.  My feet were sweating and still had to wear a sweatshirt/jacket in the winter.

If I was to build a shop and money was no object/concern, I would put it in but keep it set to like 50/55.  Then have a propane/natural gas forced air.  No tool sweat, no dampness, etc.

It comes down to if using it for a work space or storage space.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:08:40 PM by matt »

jacel86

• Free Loader
    • Tallmadge Tire
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2016, 03:30:44 PM »
That's really odd matt. Ours is perfect. You can work in comfortable clothes all winter with no hot feet or cold body. The forced air shop on the other hand... cranked to 80 all the time so you boil,  but feet freeze and god forbid you have to lay down.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk