Author Topic: make my manual fork lift transportable.  (Read 895 times)

M4wdFab

• Administrator
make my manual fork lift transportable.
« on: March 02, 2020, 07:56:29 PM »
so i have an offer to rent my scissors lift for 250$ for 2 weeks delivered.  i think this might make me forge on this project.  would be sick to roll up with the ram, drop the fork truck then drop the lift, hook lift and drive away in 20 min or so.  i have some time this week so i think i can make it happen.    Mike and I threw some ideas around.  i think its some steel, cable, pulleys, some weld and fab away from happening. 

M

Re: make my manual fork lift transportable.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 12:46:01 AM »
Or get a flatbed utility trailer and drive up on it.  Easy.

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 07:56:41 AM »
i have a flatbed 14k equipment trailer, its super annoying to pull any machine on that is made for a smooth floor / zero clearance on.  also doesn't have a winch on it or anything.  The manual lift is not powered, so no driving that up a trailer.  I doubt even the scissors lift would drive up a super expensive tilt deck trailer either.   Id like the setup to be able to load a mill or lathe and drive away with the ram, no trailer fuss either. 

M

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 08:43:46 AM »
I borrowed a scissor lift from the guy who refurbished our building to install wiring and our building sign.   It went up a equipment flatbed trailer like it was nothing (no idea if its similar to yours).  However in your scenario, I understand.

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 08:55:08 AM »
in all fairness i guess i have not tried to pull the scissor lift on the trailer.  Mine is a little smaller looks like.  My forklift has been on the trailer twice, and that was twice too many.  nightmare. 

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 08:19:46 AM »
update:  i ended up driving it up on my equipment trailer like M suggested.  was a little sketchy, but i think if i made something better than 2x6s on my equipment ramps it would be much easier.  ill try to get that worked out next week before i have to pick it back up from where i dropped it for 10 days or so.  rented it to my old shop neighbor for 250$ for 1-2 weeks.   

gif

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 06:18:01 PM »
deposit?    stuff happens...

update:  i ended up driving it up on my equipment trailer like M suggested.  was a little sketchy, but i think if i made something better than 2x6s on my equipment ramps it would be much easier.  ill try to get that worked out next week before i have to pick it back up from where i dropped it for 10 days or so.  rented it to my old shop neighbor for 250$ for 1-2 weeks.

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2020, 10:43:19 PM »
im not worried about it.  he is another mechanical engineer at Harris i have known for years, not just a rando.  way more anal and engineererr than i am.   cant do anything to it that i havent in a year. 

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 06:10:21 PM »
made a ramp modification to my equipment trailer.  worked a lot better and able to load and unload the scissors lift very easily.