Author Topic: Kalamazoo Bandsaw  (Read 825 times)

M4wdFab

• Administrator
Kalamazoo Bandsaw
« on: February 17, 2020, 09:27:17 PM »
Kalamazoo bandsaw

its got a power feed table that i didnt know about!

cool machine.  hawgs 1/4" plate with ease. 

i have a new blade to install as the current one in video is shot with many teeth missing haha. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2iO9y5yQ5Q&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0JoNUgwTzgEQH-_QbSMqhdQ2Tc6iLnre8hR6qEV19X6c8Um7SszkLrCVU

mr.mindless

• Administrator
Re: Kalamazoo Bandsaw
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 09:32:16 PM »
That’s a monster. Deeep
Quote from: etk300ex
oh lord!

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 09:35:53 PM »
also looking for feed back on my first two "videos"    not really a thing i do lol

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 09:42:26 PM »
for a quick tour like that.

I chatted with Rafael for a while this morning, he’s starting a (video) podcast. New shop has me thinking about trying to capture and share some of the things I do but it just adds so much overhead.

It’s something I’ve got interest in - I like doing build threads and always have. It’s the same concept with a lot more production effort. I follow a guy on YT who puts some effort into evap that and gets 500ish views per video. Seems like a lot of effort for that reach.

Buuuuut if I want to get into real business, plus maybe chase some sponsorship for the racing things, it could have value on top of the sharing. Idk.

But that’s not what you asked. It’s all the ancillary shit.

That was a good quickie video. And no more time into it than walking around and talking. Which is an excellent level of time investment.
Quote from: etk300ex
oh lord!

M

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 10:36:28 PM »
Loved the videos!  Captioning worked well, means your voice is clear and audible - not mumbling or gibberish that the auto-captioning couldn't capture.

I would love a video on how you set up the 3 phase transformer from A to Z.   My company needs a hard drive shredder and 3 phase shredder machines are WAAAY cheaper than single phase (thousands cheaper). 

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 10:48:56 PM »
cool!

3 phase is pretty easy.  you can static convert (loose 1/3 HP) or rotarty convert (little more expensive but 95-99% hp equivalent), or you can VFD (variable frequency drive- which im yet educated on yet)

i then took a transformer to step up 220 3 phase to 440 which is just a simple hook up and go. 

rejeep

• M4wd Vendor
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 06:51:11 AM »
You’re cleaning up in the tool department..
I never wanted a red car.. always thought they were tacky and common...
I now have 4 very not common cars and they are all red.. :o