Author Topic: Moving mike  (Read 3639 times)

mr.mindless

• Administrator
Moving mike
« on: February 16, 2020, 10:20:40 PM »
Thinking through, smells like lots of lowboy trips.

Pop up and sailboat are strip & scrap, but easier to move whole and deal later.

Other little trailer of transmissions and tcases and whatnot

Axle pile

Will try to move backyard stuff up front as soon as practical, hoping for a hard freeze that probably won’t come.

Ram, Golf, wagon, beetle, Gus, tractor
Figure the Allroad stays in DD status

Chest freezer, Couch, dining set, table, dresser, bed, 2 “bookshelves”. 1.5 closets. Other than the full freezer, couch and dresser, seems downright easy. Wouldn’t fill all of what’s left in Joe.

Time to eat and empty that bitch.

Rest of the garage. Lots of lumber, shelves, benches, tools, welder, bolt bin, will feel endless no doubt. Single biggest thing that’s left.

Need some stackable crates. Delphi pallet size crates are nearly useless since I have zero forklifts. Better to have man-handlable size and weight things.

Have a couple hands and a half ton truck from work offered.

I’ll try to make dates work out to have at least a full day overlap. Though I can stash complete cars in a parking lot a minute away no problem, and that’s nearly a half day of round trips for one driver with my trailer.

Quote from: etk300ex
oh lord!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
Re: Moving mike
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 10:46:52 PM »
I’m totally right now.
oh lord!

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 09:12:09 AM »
probably a bad idea for the lawn to try and make my 48' fit in your driveway right?

i can help with a goose ball when needed

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 09:20:50 AM »
48' very not needed, and if driven into the street and backed into the driveway successfully it would have to leave via left out the driveway the way it came in and then backing all the way back up Norman across E River into the park entrance. Could never swing the right turn out of my driveway and stay off the tree.
oh lord!

carchameleon

• Free Loader
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 12:07:31 PM »
depending on when, i could help with my truck and my little 5x8 trailer (i know its not a lot of space...)

etk300ex

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 12:13:25 PM »
My Titan is available.  I'm in to help if I'm available. 

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 08:05:04 PM »
Neighbor stopped by, I think I found my sailboat a home. I’m beyond happy to not have to cut that up. He’s not scared of fiberglass work and his 13yo granddaughter has been taking sailing lessons, and wants a boat.

That really makes my day. I was about her age when we got that after I got the sailing bug from scout camp.
oh lord!

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 08:34:19 PM »
send it! 

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 08:46:49 PM »
Weather looks good for backyard things Thursday night. Little early but I’m not sure we’ll have a better day of hard ground.

Wish the Allroad had a hitch. Options are Golf and John Deere. (Ram is not an offroad option)
oh lord!

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2020, 09:15:47 PM »
i can probably bring out the ZJ if needed, has wide 35s and can pull some stuff. 

whats the mission?

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2020, 09:25:38 PM »
Backyard clearing. ZJ would actually be a solid choice and maybe make timing less critical.

Axle pile & three trailers (sailboat, popup, topper covered utility trailer). Maybe all onto lowboy to hang out until first trip down.
oh lord!

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 09:28:18 PM »
OK let me know when you want some help.  im mostly caught up with shop work right now. 

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2020, 09:31:49 PM »
Should be an “easy” hour or two. I just need to do another never ending shuffle, and change failed tires on the popup, I’ll do that in the warm tomorrow.
oh lord!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2020, 04:16:57 PM »
If things go well tomorrow, moving day should be THREE MONTHS after loading up the trailer in the above posts.

Unreal

Thanks again for the help with that, and holding the racecars

I’m thinking I should be able to get most things handled between Sarah and myself, but I would probably take a strong willing back or two next weekend and day-of drivers.

It would be nice to tow my Ram, but it probably wouldn’t kill it to drive it.

Ideally, I’m thinking empty the house and garage into joe and all the cars. Dog probably in the golf so joes cab is clear for household goods too.

Mowzer on Ram. Ram and beetle either left in driveway or stashed at neighbor’s or parked in Advancement parking lot.

Hoping Brett or Smike or Matt can tow my trailer.

I have to drive Joe i guess, Could use drivers for Allroad, Golf, Wagon. Or I can just drive back and forth all day, not a huge deal there.

All to Whalen. Golf has a hitch, unload lowboy with it
Return for Ram and Beetle.

Alternate: drive Ram too, and but Beetle on another trailer and save a trip?

Items I’m maybe worried about moving either without help or space-wise: air compressor, loaded chest freezer, couch, dresser. Depending on weather, bed. Thinking strapped to trailer is the easy way. I think remaining furniture is gonna fill Joe fast. Hoping I can get patio set and desk on the first lowboy load too. High confidence in patio set.

Depending who’s willing and able...
Only people I’ve seen are Sarah and my parents. Dad was in the hospital for a while and is healthy. That was a week ago today I think. So I’ll have been isolated for 2 weeks by next Saturday. Don’t think I’ll have any shopping needs between now and then. Sarah’s only seen me.
oh lord!

M

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2020, 04:40:59 PM »
Neighbor stopped by, I think I found my sailboat a home. I’m beyond happy to not have to cut that up. He’s not scared of fiberglass work and his 13yo granddaughter has been taking sailing lessons, and wants a boat.

That really makes my day. I was about her age when we got that after I got the sailing bug from scout camp.

Go and drop it off before he changes his mind or his wife says NO! 

edit: whoops, didnt realize that was a February post.  disregard.