Author Topic: Dumb mower  (Read 14581 times)

mr.mindless

• Administrator
Re: Dumb mower
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2024, 12:37:57 AM »
Has been all good since new starter.
Just did oil and filter at 2094 hours, almost 200 hours in 4 years.

Had a shop accident. This thing is not conducive to being picked up on a lift, and I found out the hard way that both right side lift arms on one of my lifts don't have good stops (the toothed ones that engage when off ground level to keep the arms from moving). Will be addressing that shortly.

Only casualty is my oil drain trolly and  big oil mess from 2 changes worth of oil, and some mildly bent tin on the tractor body. Didn't seem to take out any hoses or anything. Something else may come to light later, like a bent deck or bent axle or something.

It fell from about 5' while I was standing right next to it. gave no warning at all, and _something_ just barely grazed my head. I think it was one of the rear lift arms (a front one slipped). Not enough to injure at all, just feel.

This will only ever be hung to pick it up in the future. Second time it's slipped on me, out of three or maybe four times picking it up.
No lotto for me, my luck got spent a few times over.

Took longer to clean up 2ish gallons of oil spilled than the rest of the day's maintenance and mowing.
Quote from: etk300ex
oh lord!

etk300ex

« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2024, 08:23:57 AM »
 :o

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2024, 02:59:05 PM »
glad it wasnt a bigger event.  best to take it as a learning point for future!

my mower doesnt fit well on my lift either.  it was sketch this year again.  i may add lift points now ha

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2024, 10:20:28 AM »
Definitely bent some things up front. Raised the deck a bit and it’s still too low. Can tell one of the big casters is bent and about an inch shorter than the other.
Quote from: etk300ex
oh lord!