Author Topic: Inaugural Northeast Brolite Regional Race Planning and Discussion  (Read 4473 times)

M4wdFab

• Administrator
Re: Inaugural Northeast Brolite Regional Race Planning and Discussion
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2015, 11:28:25 AM »
sounds like you are doing some great work on this Cora and Erik

What can i do to help? i should be able to pull some volunteers from friends and family, and probably 20 spectators or more from the buffalo crew

some random thoughts:

Is the goal here to run an event with admissions, or get sponsors / racer entry costs to have a "free" event?

should we approach a Ford dealership or the like for sponsor event title sponsor ship ect?

start finish:  tracker system? most racers will have the line mt tracker by that time? possible use?

timing question- seems like a "setup day" is required, does the cost of date rental include that? or how does that work like Friday day before?

Meet for beers this week some time to chat?

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2015, 11:35:49 AM »
ill plant the seed with decker on the date

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2015, 11:37:47 AM »
USAC insurance carry over potential?  50% of drivers have yearly memberships i bet

CJ

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2015, 11:58:31 AM »
Insurance is $700 for the event and includes spectators and pits.
I would like to offer our sponsorship as title, with all the work we are doing for the even it would be nice to gain some advertising impressions - if you guys are ok with that. As title I would be pitching in some cash to pay for the event. Gathering some more sponsors shouldn't be that hard. I wouldn't expect to make any money, and I also don't expect a large spectator turn out. But if we do make money at the event, we will have to discuss how to handle that, maybe refund the racers? All points to discuss.

We're heading out of town next week, can we meet and discuss after Moab?

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2015, 12:01:20 PM »
sounds good Cora! 

get WNYOR involved to pull some specators / track help?!

i see aussie locker 8.8 sales going up! haha

JEEPWERX

• Friendly Competitor
  • Friendly Competitor!
    • JEEPWERX
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2015, 12:54:25 PM »

sounds like you are doing some great work on this Cora and Erik

What can i do to help? i should be able to pull some volunteers from friends and family, and probably 20 spectators or more from the buffalo crew

some random thoughts:

Is the goal here to run an event with admissions, or get sponsors / racer entry costs to have a "free" event?

should we approach a Ford dealership or the like for sponsor event title sponsor ship ect?

start finish:  tracker system? most racers will have the line mt tracker by that time? possible use?

timing question- seems like a "setup day" is required, does the cost of date rental include that? or how does that work like Friday day before?

Meet for beers this week some time to chat?

Thanks Mike.
We are really motivated to see this exciting new series and this event  become a success.

A race like this is so much more obtainable for the average person.
Makes it easy to promote.

Many hands make light work so definetly let's talk with as many guys and girls as we can.
I think this is a great opportunity for FLX 4X4 to potentially increase membership and marketability also. Win win for future events of all kinds.

IMO I'd say the goal of this event is to help promote this new racing series, made possible by "these local companies". Not to mention create excitement amongst the spectators and racers. I'm not sure how Decker and Miller Crew feel about it, But the easier we make it for spectators to attend these first few events, the more potential there is for increased attendance at future events. Keep the inital entry cost low, at least for the fans.

Things I've been brainstorming...

Combine with Truck / 4×4 show and shine
 Combine with charitable organization to gain interest.

Bounce houses for kids?

Tractor rides?

Ford Truck Test drive / Display
Ranger, F150-Ecoboost, Raptor, Superduty, Etc.

If there is a local ford dealer let's offer to get them involved first. If not, I can discuss with Kitty and Howard.

Time trackers are a great idea. If we can get them available to everyone. I'd say at this first batavia event the tracking will most likely be overseen by race officials. Its a short course. You can see everything. Virginia looks to be a long track and maybe not completly visible.
Another Decker question?

Set up day?
Like practice?
I'm assuming they will charge us the same per day price. Insurance etc.
I guess if the track is rented on a per day basis practice / setup could be all morning leading up the the race at the end of the day. Saturday

All in all its exciting to be apart of something like this from the beginning stages. We can help make it great.

Like cora said... Probably best to meet after we get back from Moab. Lots going on right now.

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2015, 01:03:39 PM »
i was thinking setup more like how the track gets built- i have no concept of how much time it takes- seems monster jam with a legit dirt crew takes a day or two. 

not worried about practice for trucks, more getting the track set, run the event, and tear down to fit within the constraints of the rental agreement.   

JEEPWERX

• Friendly Competitor
  • Friendly Competitor!
    • JEEPWERX
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2015, 01:50:46 PM »
Oh IC
Yea track construction will most likely be a day or more maybe the weekend or two leading up to the event. Not really sure as of now.
That will give us some time to try it out as well.
If event happens on a saturday. And teardown occurs on a sunday. I can't imagine they would charge for more than one day rental.
But good questions for Cora to ask about.

CJ

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2015, 04:05:07 PM »
The folks at the race track will construct the jumps for us, we just need to tell them where. should be minimal setup and teardown on our part. I'm guessing only banners.

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2015, 05:20:22 PM »
OK

happy to help when i can, Matt and I will be in AR racing 9/12 , PA racing 9/19

Week day/afternoon setup, week of event would be best

CJ

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2015, 08:47:04 PM »
I heard from Decker. He's  available  for our date. We have a call scheduled  tomorrow  to review details.

Yeah!

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2015, 11:55:35 PM »
Awesome!