Projects place > Projects Section

TDI Wonder 2.0

<< < (3/24) > >>

mr.mindless:
confirmed turbo vanes are sticking. didn't remove the actuator, but I do feel the actuator try to move and confirmed solenoid func.

only goes into limp for overboot when sustained (read:highway - it's fine around town). I'm not going to touch that until fixed, could probably lift the head on stock fueling maps if I let it think it was boosting properly while actually pushing far past the 15psi that the stock MAP sensor can read to.

Last known issue worth caring about. Only other thing is rear hatch doesn't lock or defrost. Probably wiring disconnected.
If I keep it for a while I might swap traction control into it at some point, and probably heat the seats, and investigate the AC situation.

mr.mindless:
Decided to grab a turbo for this pup to send it if I don’t use drivetrain to reposed something else. Received one empty and open envelope and turbo manifold sticking out of box. Amazon is slipping. Hopefully it’s in better shape inside. Impossibly cheap Chinese unit with all gaskets included.

mr.mindless:
starter warrantied last week and just installed. I'd had to borrow for the wagon. both were alread carquest remans.
fired up immediately. no smoke no hesitation. this is a better motor than the one in the wagon....

power steering pressure line failed while it was sitting.

theoretically prepping for sale to eric and abbey, but I kinda just want to keep as drivetrain and chassis spares.

KingtheZJ:

--- Quote from: mr.mindless on December 05, 2021, 04:46:20 PM ---
theoretically prepping for sale to eric and abbey, but I kinda just want to keep as drivetrain and chassis spares.

--- End quote ---

Ahem. Wasn’t selling one of these part of the Z4 deal?

mr.mindless:
if the parts go into the Z4 it doesn't count!

new turbo skipped the down pipe mounting studs, which always break and are never removable if they don't. Weird skip when it came with gaskets I figured it wouldn't. I don't have those on hand. Ordered. As long as the drain tube comes off whole, should be half a days' work and done. then it will hopefully just want brakes from sitting. Maybe a dressing will get them happy. Didn't seem like anything was stuck. Nothing else noticed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version