Projects place > Projects Section

TDI Wonder 2.0

(1/24) > >>

mr.mindless:
if I count the green machine as 1.0, the silver Golf will be 2.0. plan to put the green machine up as a winter beater at 2500 and not take less than 1800. if it doesn't go I guess I'll race them and sell whichever goes first?

I cut out the bad parts of the rear end, and confirmed that the shell isn't badly tweaked. front of the wheel arches touch the doors but the frame members were missed and the strut towers are true. I'll have to play a bit of a game at the tail light opening on the driver side to get the light to sit right since I don't have dead straight tin from either car. the rest should be "easy" and will come after it drives. all work should be hidden behind lights and bumper aside from a very small dent above the LR tail that I may just leave.

Need to pull trans and either replace entire unit from the other left side wreck, or feed it a new clutch. it's either got a completely failed dual mass flywheel or a broken shaft. My bet is the former. Once that's back together, the donor's ass gets cut out and patched in, and then I drive it.

mr.mindless:
No trans pull needed. Sadly I did break loose one pair of torque to yield bolts before I got underneath to pull axle shafts and found one broken.
Should be able to test drive tomorrow or day after to verify trans is good. Then take care of rearend damage next nice day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mr.mindless:
Everything back together, just need to install axles and test drive. If it goes well I've got some cutting and welding before plating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mr.mindless:
the dates on this thread just speak volumes to me as a Wonder creator.

finished putting tin together like a year ago. decided it's not gonna get bondo and squirted some silver last week. plates today, and dropped for inspection because the 1.8t wouldn't set readiness.

definitely needs rear shocks and probably strut bushings. rumble might be tires or bearings or alignment or god only knows.
needs a tensioner pulley, and one rad tank has a drip. I have a rad out of the donor car on the shelf.
having an alignment done too, be interesting to see how bent it is. Hit was square and most of the shortening was behind the wheel wells so I'm expecting good news. Be good to be able to keep the beam from the other car if this is super bent though.

mr.mindless:
Stickered and aligned and a fresh starter!

Can’t wait to see the alignment printout and how bent it is/was/wasn’t.

Still has slight radiator drip (used part on the shelf at home) and a bad serpentine tensioner pulley (parr’s enroute) then DD status to see what else is wrong!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version