Projects place > Projects Section

97 Dodge Ram 2500, AKA Shitty Dodge

<< < (2/52) > >>

TrailTamer:

--- Quote from: KingtheZJ on May 30, 2013, 03:04:16 PM ---complete BJ D60s have been had recently for $300. So keep them in mind when piecing together the spindles/hubs etc.

see discussion here about the Yukon blem shafts which are marketed as USA standard. Skip to post 44 for pics with the joints installed.
http://bb.m4wdfabrications.com/index.php?topic=769.0
Rock auto sell the 35spline USA Standard 4340 stubs for $60 each ($138 shipped/pair). check the pirate vender i linked in the first post of that other thread.

Is the 78/79 ford D60 driver side inner shaft commonly used for the CAD delete? I have one you can have. Its a stock neckdown shaft. Yukon Hardcore Lockouts are the way to go. They are $270 shipped from a vender on pirate (afaik, thats the cheapest).

--- End quote ---

I forgot to add to the list, I'll need 35 spline side gears to put in the carrier to accept the 35 spline shafts (I think it's 30 or 32 spline stock in dodge bj D60). And block off plate when I remove the cad mess.

I'm not too sure I'll want the stock 78/79 axle shaft with the neck down as that'll be the weakest link on entire of the axle assembly when I'm done. If its a non-neck down then I may be interested.

The cad is on the passenger side of the D60. The 78/79 inner left axle shaft is correct in length to use to get the 35 spline shafts without going custom. The 99-04 Ford SD D60's inner right is also correct in length to delete the cad and get the 35 spline shafts.

Info can be found here on how to cobble something together to make those dodge BJ D60 somewhat decent. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/dodge/653085-dodge-dana-60-front-tech.html

TrailTamer:
Nick and Harrison-

Be warned, if you expect your truck to run smokeless on WMO, you'll be disappointed. Otherwise enjoy the money saving!!!! Every 50 gallons I burn, it only cost me approximately $30-$35. Better than $200 at $4/ea gal!!!!

KingtheZJ:
i have 35spline side gears you can have.

my chromo inners were 175 shipped. see that other thread.

sounds like you have it planned out nice. I'll keep an eye out for a ford D60 for you. Iver bought 3 78-79 D60s around this area in the past year. paid $450 max, and sold 2 housing for $400. So if you found one of those you could easily make money on the deal. BJ housings are still worth money, but not as much.

TrailTamer:
Anyone know where I can buy por-15 locally? I want to use some of it in/on bottom of my doors while I have the panels off to prevent any rust from growing (no rust there as far as I've seen and want it to remain that way).

TrailTamer:

--- Quote from: KingtheZJ on May 31, 2013, 08:39:19 AM ---i have 35spline side gears you can have.

my chromo inners were 175 shipped. see that other thread.

sounds like you have it planned out nice. I'll keep an eye out for a ford D60 for you. Iver bought 3 78-79 D60s around this area in the past year. paid $450 max, and sold 2 housing for $400. So if you found one of those you could easily make money on the deal. BJ housings are still worth money, but not as much.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the 35 spline side gears! Post here or pm me if you find something for me that I could use.

I tried to find those 4340 usa standard axle shafts on rock auto website but I can't find exact what I need so ill try to call rockauto to order what I want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version