Author Topic: lowboy  (Read 29520 times)

mr.mindless

• Administrator
Re: lowboy
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2014, 12:45:13 PM »
Brakes stay lit up after being applied by pedal or by breakaway. Black box problem. Need to call on Monday but the trailer is a paperweight right now if the brakes are connected. Boo hiss. Sorry spencer!

Tapatalking in traffic
Quote from: etk300ex
oh lord!

KingtheZJ

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2014, 09:04:21 AM »
silly electronics!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2014, 02:54:36 PM »
Worked fine today. Breakaway did at any rate.

Talked to Tuson, Alan told me where to take it apart to look for bad potting, moisture, ba spade connections... He wasn't familiar with the addition of "warrant void" Mylar stickers securing that panel now though :(

Tapatalking in traffic
oh lord!

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2014, 03:26:54 PM »
seems like you spent a lot of money for this hassle to be cutting warranty tape lol

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2014, 03:28:24 PM »
tell me about it.

seems like I spent a lot of money to go through the hassle of rebleeding brakes for a fuckin bad board that I could swap myself instead of shipping the whole unit back pump and all too though. If it comes to that I'm very much hoping they'll work with me on it.
oh lord!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2014, 09:10:52 AM »
Have checked this every week or so with the breakaway, no repeat of failure. Seems fine.

Was also good from the truck brake controller last Thursday before I didn't head to VA with it.
oh lord!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2014, 12:06:23 AM »
Repeat of failure, different mode. Breakaway went fine. Shut off fine. Then kicked a few times. Then wouldn't actuate from truck. Nor from breakaway.

Broke the seal. Drained like half an inch of water out of this "sealed" unit.

Washed down w isopropyl alcohol. The board has some weird thin see through sealant potting it. Nothing visually rotted. Pump runs if I hot wire it. But it won't kick. Gets random clickies when I give it power and neither actuation changes that.

Washed it down a third time w alcohol and I'm leaving it open overnight. Hopefully it works in the morning. If not hopefully they'll send me a board or a unit. Pump motor casing has started to rust. There's no vent  nor drain on that compartment. And they didn't put any desiccant in there either which seems odd for a sealed place. Not that it would help given the leak size.

More trouble than it was worth for sure. Boooo

Tapatalking in traffic
oh lord!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2014, 06:53:41 PM »
New controller board on its way.

I'm going to see what I can do about adding some splash/ spray/ rain shielding around the unit. the seals look fine visually...  Shame they apparently didn't do their job. 

Tapatalking in traffic
oh lord!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2014, 10:02:45 PM »
Finally got to swapping boards. Almost did it last week Thursday but a downpour chased me in.

All checked out well after swap. Then I assembled it and nothing would work. Got a few subsequent relay clicks and then nothing but silence. Triple checked all wiring and connections. No difference truck or not, breakaway or controller.

Pump still worked when directly powered; board was giving no voltage to it nor to the control valve.

Unit is off the trailer, hose is capped, it's boxed up and shipping out tomorrow.

Hope round two is less frustration than round 1. Worst $$ I've spent in the last year.

Tapatalking in traffic
oh lord!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2014, 09:00:26 PM »
I don't have a popup thread, so since these are lowboy compatibility updates:

Narrower track width and taller tires. Original eagle wheels and tires, 205 70 15s I think. Maybe 75s. They'll probably run the backs of the wheel wells. Had to open up a xmember at the rear of the well. Had to grind the shit out of the torsion axle arm. I'm pretty sure my method is straight out of the Dexter manual for alt wheel fitment :whistling:

Bent & twisted & catch-prone bumper replaced with 4x~.095 tubing.  Hopefully I never rip it out of the trailer frame. It's 300% stronger than any other piece of steel on that trailer including its mounts and the crossmember they're attached to.

Finished painting it now. Only mod left is to move the trailer jack so the buggy bumper doesn't hit it when turning.

Didn't check out the hot water tank or any other propane crap yet. 3 weeks to several day trip w Titan and Kim!

Tapatalking in traffic
oh lord!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2014, 03:26:25 PM »

Tapatalking in traffic
oh lord!

Wingman

• Free Loader
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2014, 03:34:57 PM »
What's the target weight?
Retired

cracker

• Free Loader
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2014, 03:35:00 PM »
Is it gonna work?

Nick

« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2014, 04:57:42 PM »
That's actually not to far off. Can the truck rear axle take another 1700lbs?

Harrison

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2014, 05:01:10 PM »
14k gvw trailer? How can you shuffle another 1700 forward?