<< < (2/56) > >>

mr.mindless:
Got stud measurements.

1/2" fine thread stud
17/32" x1 1/8" knurl
23/32" dia head
2 1/2" length

Need +1/4-1/2" thread. Knurl could be up to 3/16" longer

Both trailers need equalizers, pivot bolts, and slipper pads rebuilt. 2" springs 3/4" pivot bolts 1/2" spring bolts, low pro.

Tapatalking in traffic

mr.mindless:
equalizers and pivot bolts ordered for both trailers. a triple axle kit from etrailer was the easiest and cheapest way to purchased that I found. ($152)

2 1/2" studs are the longest 1/2" studs they list, not sure if there is a 3" long 1/2-20 out there.

Enlarging 32 holes to go to a 9/16 or 5/8 stud seems like more work than $800 in new LR F wheels and tires, when I may be able to sell the Grabbers that are on there for 150-200. On the other hand, I come back to the fact that sticking near a grand into the wedge seems a bit silly.

mr.mindless:
suspension parts showed yesterday.

shopped hard for brake parts, think I found the best deals I'm going to. Expensive to go to better brakes. Looking at just under a grand plus plumbing to stay with drums and go hydraulic, or about 1250 to get disc brakes on there.

Anything would be a serious improvement, but I'm leaning to discs. If I'm spending the money already I may as well upgrade as far as I can. The pump is about half the cost of the upgrade so as long as it proves durable it should be a pretty long-term investment and either increase the value on this unit or be able to be moved to the next trailer should things change.

Of course getting great brakes on this will really make me hate the wedge. I just need to cut the neck off and make this a step deck, then I have no need for the wedge.

M4wdFab:
http://parts.mirageinc.com/175-in-radial-tire-and-silver-rim?gclid=CJWTzOWYmLcCFXN0MgodYScALQ 

mr.mindless:
http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-detail/Vaseline-Jelly?skuId=100610

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version