Projects place > Projects Section

Cadillac CTS4

(1/5) > >>

mr.mindless:
Landed in my lap, title will be here tomorrow. Been parked for 4-6 months.

2009, AWD, 132,000.
Has some water to the interior issues, probably sunroof drains. Water in the trunk too, maybe brake light? Minor rust at fender edges. Haven’t had it in the air yet. Told it has weeping transmission lines which is why it was parked and left behind in a move. I’m sure that means some other things are crunchy too.

Needs a battery. May have some wheel bearing issues or the tires are out of balance/round but other than a rumble at 45+ it did a quick drive just fine. Brakes feel fine. Has a serpentine squeak.

Probably end up Sarah’s daily if I don’t fall in love with it. I should do the Allroad clutch so I have its peer.

Who could really love a gold caddy though?

M:
AWD, nice score if you can get it running good.

mr.mindless:
trickle charge brought a battery that fits back to life. I think the one that was in it didn't come back but another that came with it did.

oil leak was an o-ring below the o-ring land on the filter cap. was at the bottom of the threads instead.

registering it tomorrow. needs a few things, but should be a good winter drivable rig to keep the truck and jeep out of the salt. will get an order going for all the belt accessory things in the fleet that need doing, that'll be a lot of things. All on this and all on the Z4, they both run 2 serpentine belts with tensioners.

mr.mindless:
Did 40ish miles on this today. It’s very GM: serviceable transportation, drives… fine. Why would anyone have spent like 40k on this 15 years ago? It’s not THAT quiet and smooth.

Proper tire inflation got the rumble taken care of. Computer says it’s doing 19mpg.

Driver door lock actuator is dead. That and the belt squeak is it so far, other than cleanup and water leaks. Trunk is WET.

Bet this goes for 5 before the jeep does.

mr.mindless:
MIL popped
Code P0008 - engine position system performance bank 1

I heard something like a carrier bearing or rear diff bushing too, if I get on it.

Found maintenance paperwork from the last 20,000 miles. Couple oil changes, MAF in response to a code, three wheel bearings - fronts for rumble at speed and a rear for ABS tone ring rust, and four new tires 10k ago.

Evap and egr monitors not yet set. Clearing codes and will see if that p0008 comes back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version