Author Topic: '75 MG Midget -- MadGe  (Read 6518 times)

mr.mindless

• Administrator
Re: '75 MG Midget -- MadGe
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2015, 02:27:03 PM »
I’d think that would be anyway great swap for my minitruck. So if you find 2... :)

Tapatalking in traffic
Quote from: etk300ex
oh lord!

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2015, 09:44:15 AM »
no problems no work done.

jaysenodell

« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2015, 09:49:35 AM »
Well then... It looks like it's right on schedule. I'm not in a place to do a full rebuild (no shop built yet) so I'll just do the rod bearings knowing that I'll be pulling the engine for a full "fix it all" in 20k.
Mid Life Crisis in the making -- '02 TJ i4 manual, Aussie Locker magic pulling from the front

jaysenodell

« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2017, 02:19:06 PM »
It's been a while. I finally loosened the purse strings and bought a built 1500 for Madge. '76 block, decked head and flat topped pistons plus ground cam. Puts compression at 9.3. with the hardened seals it sets me up to run 93e10 fuel. Since we are pulling the motor and tranny she gets electric fuel pump (blanking plate on block), clutch, flywheel surfaced, carb rebuilt, new water pump and fan clutch. Still debating on oil cooler. Will be putting in headlight relays to improve brightness with standard bulbs.

Found a classic car guy to do the work inexpensively. He loves he car. "Every bolt comes out easy. Man I wish all the 40yr old cars were this nice."  Also likes that she's not a trailer queen.

Issues we've found so far.
* every mount was bad. Have trans mounts. Need engine. On order.
* new engine did not come with plugged exhaust air injection. Looking for proper bolts.
* no carb pro local (last guy died a week ago). Debating sending out vs full gasket kit.
* he seems to love my car! Sure hope he gives her back.

Engine should be completely out tonight and if auto zone lives up to promise new engine in tomorrow. Need to find e10 friendly carb kit. No luck so far. Arie?

I now have a 1500 to rebuild at my leisure.
Mid Life Crisis in the making -- '02 TJ i4 manual, Aussie Locker magic pulling from the front