Projects place > Tech

H1 Insert Tech

(1/5) > >>

Harrison:
Grabbed a set of 37" Baja T/As on 12 bolt H1s for $150 to throw on my Jeep once my 39s are on my buggy. No inserts though.

I know there is a lot of H1 knowledge in this crowd from ~10 years ago...

What were people using for inserts? What size PVC? Where did you get it? What modifications, if any, did the PVC need to work correctly? Is the width cut anything more than measuring the assembled wheel and subtracting both bead thicknesses?

There is a $100 set of stock rubber runflats locally I am tempted to grab but am reading not all tire and wheel combos are interchangeable.

mr.mindless:
magnesium came with mine and eventually got cut down. I never made drain pipe ones.

mr.mindless:
I think you only run into issues with thickness of the stock ones when going to something with really thick sidewalls like a bogger or tsl

the rubbers are a total cunt to get into and out of a tire, all second/thirdhand.the bigger the tire the easier I'm sure but you may end up wanting to cut those down anyway. but for $100, maybe that's worth it.

Harrison:
Trailworthy sells ready to go PVC inserts for $70ea and charges $100 for shipping. Definitely the easiest option, but I'm not ready to spend $400 on this without some more research I don't think.

M4wdFab:
SD17 is the sewer pipe size you want to cut them out of

cutting the mag ones down is also fine, just take not of where the chips go, because mag dust goes up in flames very easy

the rubber ones can be cut down east also if left outside in frezzing temps and a chain saw will buzz right through them

personally the mag ones were the least hassle to install and mot reliable for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version