Author Topic: 1950 Chevy 6500  (Read 642 times)

mr.mindless

• Administrator
1950 Chevy 6500
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2021, 10:17:57 PM »
Brought home the dansville 2500. It’s ROUGH. But runs excellent with zero blowby. Club cab long bed. Complete runner and driver.  Long list of things I’ll care about, particularly very frightening steering. I suspect track bar and a steering box mounting issue both. Short list of things that aren’t scrap to get rid of. Hood tailgate and glass might be about it. Oh, and a good dash. Saw one listed for $700. That’s a shocker, no idea what they actually sell for.

Hope not to find any new frame issues once the body is off. It has issues at that frame splice seam under the front of the bed. It needs at least a small patch there. I’m sure crossmembers will need work. Needle scaler will tell tales and take hours, and only then will I actually know.

I’m seriously considering bringing it to be sand blasted instead.

Has cable actuated CAD and complete working minute mount plow.
Open/open 3.55 gears
Plow blade needs skin and frame work, plow frame is great.
Auto trans is a year mismatch to the truck and needs to be manually shifted. I think 99 trans in 00 truck. Rebuilt a couple years ago, he got it in trade for some work when the OG was slipping… then learned about the electronics mismatch.
Needs water pump, has fuel leak on return line from vp44, turbo feels like new inside but could rust through from the outside soon.
Juice with attitude. Egt, lift pressure, trans temp show.
Right rear axle seal bad. Needs rear pinion bearings
Power steering intermittently very weak. No pump whine.
Timing cover recently done. New tappet cover (had rusted through)
Hack lift pump fix. Tank got a draw straw and it’s got an efi pump on the frame rail on a separate switch.
Starter getting weak, cranks slow at beginning.
We’ll see if I got my 50¢/lb worth or not. $3300.

Probably $3 of empties in the bed.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 08:26:16 AM by mr.mindless »
Quote from: etk300ex
oh lord!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
Re: 1950 Chevy 6500
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2021, 07:43:36 AM »
Rust bucket.

Quote from: etk300ex
oh lord!