Author Topic: new house for mike  (Read 27351 times)

M4wdFab

• Administrator
new house for mike
« on: April 19, 2019, 06:04:45 PM »
shes a big girl.

got keys today. 

3k still held from owner but it should be resolved soon when they remove items fully from property and not just dump them off the back of the property lol

Will be looking for some help before the meeting next week maybe to sweep out the barn.  hoping to get lights up tomorrow first to be able to see what we have. 

chip stopped over and i think i have a plan.  found 150amp pannel in barn (unknown panel in house with lots of breakers but no main breaker?

gif

Re: new house for mike
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 07:59:32 PM »
Congrats !

Wingman

• Free Loader
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 09:14:37 PM »
found 150amp pannel in barn (unknown panel in house with lots of breakers but no main breaker?

Could be that the house is run as a sub-panel from the barn or there is a main breaker/disconnect elsewhere between meter and panel?
Retired

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 09:50:47 PM »
wires from street to house are BIG.  only one set of wires going to the barn.  looks like street to house to meter and then it splits from meter to basement and back up to top of house to barn. 

only 2 breakers in a big pannel at the barn with a 150 on top. 

need someone smarter than me to come over.  would like to sub another pannel to up stairs inside barn or move the pannel entirely (but i dont see a way to kill power to it between meter....   

first trip to lowes only 400$  haha.  tomorrow the fun begins!  few things for the house and get some lights up in the barn.   
looking at amazon prices for 4 unit kitchen kit i think the appliances are getting tossed.  broke the fridge in 4 places trying to wipe it down...  2K done stainless nice shit: fridge, washer, range, mic

Wingman

• Free Loader
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 10:06:39 PM »
wires from street to house are BIG.  only one set of wires going to the barn.  looks like street to house to meter and then it splits from meter to basement and back up to top of house to barn. 

only 2 breakers in a big panel at the barn with a 150 on top. 

need someone smarter than me to come over.  would like to sub another panel to up stairs inside barn or move the panel entirely (but i dont see a way to kill power to it between meter....

I'm not very smart but I'd be happy to help with an electrical plan after May 1 if no one else is available before then...
Retired

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 08:51:34 AM »
seems like a really good price for appliances.

I'd suggest giving yourself the 5% discount that buying that crap on a Lowes card gets you. Or the 0% if you want to stretch it out for any reason.

I'm busy this weekend (my parents today and meeting Sarah's fam tomorrow) but I've got time from Monday on.
Quote from: etk300ex
oh lord!

Nick

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 09:47:52 AM »
I don't know if lowes still does it but a couple years ago if you bought a new house and had a change of address form from the post office you would get 10% off one purchase. Might be worth looking into

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 10:15:21 PM »
Chip is an Animal with a backpack leaf blower! 

I headed over in the morning and got started on lights.  chip came over and raked and wheelbarrowed out about 12 loads of hay and crap (literally shit animal shit) as fast as i could light another section! 

then he blew out the entire floor walls and beams!  holly shit looks like a real barn now with many of the smells gone. 
got a metal pile and a wood burn pile

Nick Pearl stopped over (and lent a bunch of tools) and planted a new layout idea in my head that i think i like!

house got two new door mats, a screen door piston fixed, and brett brought out an unwanted table and chairs for a first furniture addition! 

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2019, 10:21:25 PM »
very pleased with the 200w LED high bays, 7 hung at the peaks of beams do a great over all lighting of the entire barn.  Task lighting added after work areas are planned and it will be great.

rejeep

• M4wd Vendor
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2019, 10:37:59 PM »
Unreal space
I never wanted a red car.. always thought they were tacky and common...
I now have 4 very not common cars and they are all red.. :o

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2019, 05:07:11 PM »
So good.
oh lord!

Ryan

• M4wd Vendor
  • Superstar
    • Lifetime LED
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2019, 05:30:39 PM »
Looks awesome.

M

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2019, 09:53:44 AM »
What were the holes in the floors previously for?

etk300ex

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2019, 10:03:59 AM »
Sweet!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2019, 11:05:11 AM »
taking any days off this week to do things? other than tomorrow I'm game.
oh lord!