Projects place > Tech

New Welder

(1/3) > >>

FallibleXJ:
Hey all,

Looking for any advice on buying a new (or new to me) MIG welder. I've been using the cheap HF flux core welder for everything for the last few years... and I want to upgrade. Been bumming around craigslist and what not and I'm currently sitting between a used lincoln/miller or a new HF vulcan series. Thickest I ever run into is 1/4" and most often its 14ga or so.

Thoughts/suggestions? (would also consider TIG, I've just never done it before and would have to learn something new..)

Wingman:
I've been considering selling my Miller 211 Auto-set to "downsize" my setup to the new Miller inverter 211. Unit would come with cart and bottle. PM if interested.

mr.mindless:
I’ve recently started using the auto set of my auto set. I actually like it, it’s usually pretty good - the down side is that if it’s a bit off you don’t know the starting point to tweak up or down. So I should get out of the habit when there’s any out of position going to be involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FallibleXJ:
the "new" Vulcan MigMax 215 seems to get good reviews from third parties.

https://www.harborfreight.com/MIGMax-215-Welder-with-120240-Volt-Input-63617.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiMzUxMDg3OTciLCJza3UiOiI2MzYxNyIsImlzIjoiNTc5Ljk5IiwicHJvZHVjdF9p%0D%0AZCI6IjEyMTAzIn0%3D%0D%0A

M4wdFab:
i love my 211, ill rebuild it before replacing it with a new 211.  i couldnt stand Coras the two or the times i used it.  very different and annoying to adjust to

that said. anything you buy is going to be a lot better than an HF welder.  something to consider with the off brands: consumables availability

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version