Author Topic: 4600 XJ  (Read 327 times)

luvmyxj

• Paying Customer
Re: 4600 XJ
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 03:13:59 PM »
You can do better then 2:1 with a 205, northwest fab has some options as well as you could run a klune v in front of it.it would suck to drive 2k miles to have a Atlas break apart like what happened to Calrocs racing on their 1st lap of their 1st race with a Atlas, didn't even Shannon get knocked out by an Atlas at koh?

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2017, 04:16:13 PM »
have been many failures, i suspect same deal as RCV- kept on the DL to keep up their rep and market

MarcW

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 10:37:45 PM »
have been many failures, i suspect same deal as RCV- kept on the DL to keep up their rep and market

I'm hoping the RCV's are the least of my worries, and with my 44 and the rest of my drivetrain I think they'll be worry free. I read somewhere today (old thread I believe) that over stretching them makes them wear premature and start popping, made me think of you lol.

MarcW

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2017, 10:39:31 PM »
You can do better then 2:1 with a 205, northwest fab has some options as well as you could run a klune v in front of it.it would suck to drive 2k miles to have a Atlas break apart like what happened to Calrocs racing on their 1st lap of their 1st race with a Atlas, didn't even Shannon get knocked out by an Atlas at koh?

It would def bring the suck to travel at that way to have something break like that. For now I'll plan to keep the 231 and upgrade the internals like mentioned, maybe get a season or so of racing under my belt first (if the 231 lasts) before thinking of upgrading.

MarcW

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2017, 10:42:51 PM »
Been working on some odds and ends while contemplating the whole tcase conundrum the past week. took the rear end out to add a ramp to the bottom of the 8.8. It wasn't bad but I def noticed the lip was there the first time I got to play in the rocks with the car at AOAA.

MarcW

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2017, 10:51:02 PM »
While the axle was out I decided to redo my bumps on all 4 corners as well as plate the inside of the rear frame from a couple ripples, most likely due to airing the jeep without a proper cage ::). Having broke the Daystar stingers a couple times already they had to go before the car sees any real trails/races. I have had very good experiences with the Prothane bumps, both wedge style and coil inserts, so they will be going on. Rears done, fronts are up next, I need to cut out the old towers and make some new shorter ones as the longer they are the more they want to bend.

While I had the rear axle out I also added some reinforcement brackets to the front frame side leaf mounts. While not bending now I have seen them become problematic from hard use. That and the fact that Chrysler decided to make the hole 2 sizes bigger than the bolt allowed the bolt to walk around and constantly loosen was getting annoying.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 10:54:51 PM by MarcW »

MarcW

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2017, 12:07:33 PM »
Leaf brackets I made (shown above)