Projects place > Projects Section

TFT The not white unibody

(1/46) > >>

Callelle:
So this finally happened today, picked up this 14 bolt out of an 03 for $175 ( felt like it's too good of a deal to pass up considering it already has discs, but what do I know)

So I guess I'm finally starting what I've been talking about / wanting to do for a while. This won't be anything that happens quickly, probably going to just acquire and build through this winter and next while running on stock axles for 1 more year. Unless everything happens to either fall in my lap or my budget gets a sudden massive increase. Anyway, the plans for this are stupid simple, and probably don't even warrant a build thread, but I'm bored so what the hell. Suspension works as it is and I like it, so it will stay radius arms in the front and leafs in the back, possibly going to add a bit more lift to account for increased tire size. 14 bolt is said to have 4.10s, if it does and if what ever 60 I find has 4.10s, I'll just run those gears for now so that I can get it wheeling sooner (and cheaper). I don't know what 60 I'm going with, probably an 88-91 KP with a shortened passenger side tube, not opposed to a ball joint 60, what ever falls in my lap first. Lockers will be an Aussie in the front ( I think they have a 60 locker now, if not test bed ? ::) , Rear will be a detroit since Cora doesn't have a 14b locker (yet).  Front will be trussed to make link mounts easier, rear will just be getting a pinion guard and a shave. Tires will probably be 37s or 38s, what ever I can find cheap and used. Nothing fancy, I just want to have bigger stuff so I don't have to pucker out of trying things because I'm afraid of my 30 exploding if I look at it wrong. Long term plans would be ORIs front and rear, 5.13s, selectables, after I get a cage on it as well.

Wingman:
Pass the popcorn...

Callelle:
Hope you have a lot of it. Might want to grab some Weggie's chocolate oreos too.

Wingman:
 ;D

jacel86:

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version