Author Topic: Cadillac CTS4  (Read 2728 times)

Ryan

• M4wd Vendor
  • Superstar
    • Lifetime LED
Re: Cadillac CTS4
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2024, 05:32:49 PM »
Do you ever wonder how people live with just 1 newer car that only needs oil changes and gas?  ;D

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2024, 02:57:00 PM »
I do wonder how that is...

The thread for that discussion happens to be Sarah's TDI. That'll be out of daily production real soon, if not already. It's a source of friction at the moment.
Quote from: etk300ex
oh lord!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2024, 06:56:36 PM »
This thing is fuel stinking up the garage.
No gas drip visible anywhere underneath.

Has to be weeping somewhere and leaving a wet spot somewhere. An oil pan of gasoline smells about as much as this does. It can’t be an evap leak unless something is putting gas into the charcoal canister and it runs a purge on shutdown.

It’s always gotta be something.
oh lord!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2024, 01:07:04 AM »
Found the drip. Rotten steel fuel lines up against side of tank. Broke in more places at clamps as I touched them.

Replaced with rubber 50psi working pressure fuel injection line from the plastic at the tank to up front where the rust stopped.

Should probably do the trans cooler lines that look equally crunchy, and send this thing. Domestics suck. Aluminized steel fuel lines? Cmon. At least the brake lines still look good. Hopefully they aren’t about to fall apart right at the nuts like they always seem to.

Smike, do you have male to nipple for these quick connects when you’re re plumbing things? I keep the females in stock but I ended up having to just cut these off and clamp over the nylon line. Extremely tight fit and pushed over far enough to double clamp so I’m comfortable with it but unhappy I had to do that. Just didn’t have the right stuff in stock or leftovers.

oh lord!

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2024, 05:06:09 PM »
i dont think i have any male ones that would be use full.  usually i just replace the whole line tank to fuel rail with two new females. 

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2024, 10:04:12 AM »
I'd have had to drop the fuel tank to do that on this one.

Layout is a short plastic line from fuel pump ending with a female to the rotten steel line with a male, the rotten steel runs all the way forward and up the inner fender where it's swaged to a flex line that runs to the engine, and an AC-type disconnect that I couldn't take apart when I was doing the timing chains. I ended up laying the fuel rails off to the passenger side using the flex of that line. It wasn't an exact size match to AC lines and my AC disconnect tool wouldn't quite get it.
oh lord!