Projects place > Projects Section

Cadillac CTS4

<< < (2/5) > >>

mr.mindless:
Bit of reading, and that's a timing chain issue.
I did hear a rattle at idle over the belt squeaks, reasonably confirmed. Apparently chains went early in the early 3.6. Mulling over including the 'extras' in that job of the cam phasers and oil pump. Probably worth it for the extra couple hundred bucks diving deep into it either at resale or being known good for another 100k if it stays around. god knows I never manage to get rid of anything

mr.mindless:
Crunchyyyy

mr.mindless:
Took a bit to bleed the cooling system right but I think everything is all set. Driveshaft carrier bearing was annoying, had to take apart a CV driveshaft. exhaust had definitely been dropped recently, all fresh hardware and took no effort to drop. I need to put a proper clamp on the driveshaft sometime, I didn’t have a large enough single use clamp in stock and the hose clamp I had to use can be felt at about 50mph.

No lights lit after a couple cycles and 8 miles. Hopefully I can get monitors set and get it stickered.

mr.mindless:
4 warmup cycles and still hasn't passed catalyst monitor, couple key cycles since putting 5/8 tank of fuel in it and evap hasn't set ready yet either.

no codes or pending codes though, so hopefully will be good to inspect in another couple drive cycles...

mr.mindless:
Round trip commute plus a lunch trip, same state. Evap and catalyst unset, no codes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version