Projects place > Projects Section

Plowpile for mikemike

<< < (2/15) > >>

M4wdFab:
doesnt look worth putting any effort into.  if it moves plow as is this year.  cut off plow, scrap. 

mr.mindless:
Committed to building new torsion crossmember. Broke in the new chinaplasma removing the old. It’s good.

Could not get keys off of bars, unsurprisingly.

Will dig through materials trailer and scratch at it this week. Back to work tomorrow.

Might do a little work plating the frame while
I’m at it.

mr.mindless:
Should finally get back to this tomorrow.

Depending on outcome of crossmember and power steering:

$55 for an exhaust y pipe on Amazon. I’m thinking worth it to put exhaust gas behind the cab instead of in front of the firewall with likely leaky floors.
How was exhaust on the old Ford, smike? Ever bother you during a plow session?

Also thinking I’ll put some hours on it driving around the yard as an oversize Gus when I can, for durability testing.

M4wdFab:
never even looked at the exhaust on the ford, seemed to come out pretty far back.  it had one functioning caliper on a front corner and that was it

mr.mindless:
Crossmember took about half a day, maybe a bit more. Would have been faster if I had full threaded 1/2” bolts to run the keys up with. Would have also been faster if I had 5” channel instead of 4”. Had to do a bunch of grinding to make they keys fit inside the channel, which is how I decided to make it instead of fully fabricating something.

Few other little things to do on the truck. Need to do a bit of fab on the plow foot brackets for the feet I got.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version