Projects place > Projects Section

Plowpile for mikemike

<< < (3/15) > >>

Wingman:
Plow shoes are only good for making furrows.  Learn to manually float the blade until the ground is frozen, then you can go at it without too much care. Just accept that you will move a bit of material and need to rake in the spring.

M4wdFab:
key to plowing gravel:  dont push piles of snow past your gravel area on to your lawn.....

mr.mindless:
dumped all its ATF while sitting on the lift. guess it didn't like being left alone when I worked at work early this week 😂

M4wdFab:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2475548352744369

mr.mindless:

--- Quote from: M4wdFab on July 19, 2020, 09:54:02 PM ---doesnt look worth putting any effort into.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Wingman on July 19, 2020, 09:05:26 PM ---OMG, scrap that pile! You're signing up for an enormous and continual headache.

--- End quote ---

Betting you guys are right.

Trans leak was 4x4 actuator hitting the trans electrical plug. Won’t know if that’s good after bending linkage and plugging back in right until refill.

Passenger frame horn is real bad and will not survive without patch work. Swaybar and steering stabilizer in the scrap pile to gain access. Mental templates need to move to cardboard then to steel as long as the leaks can be dealt with.

Found another oil pan pinhole. Drained, cleaned, and JB’d. Will put oil back in tomorrow and see if there are any more.

Power steering return leak may take a pump swap. I think it may be leaking at return tube to the can. I have several spares.

I’m going to not take your advice, and try to patch up the passenger frame horn as long as the leaks become manageable.

If not, calibrated eye says plow could be on the buggy in an hour or two hung from tabs on the front axle. Lift with winch through a block, probably swap to junk winch line. Order parts and a week later could tap power steering for angle rams. It’s a fallback plan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version