Projects place > Projects Section

Some Dumpbus Updates

(1/77) > >>

mr.mindless:
My plan is do to the following this week & weekend, the big stuff at Smike's shop:

- fuel tank straps
- rear brakes
- camshaft swap
- front main seal
- tappet cover seal
- replace a broken accelerator return spring that's been hanging out since I bought the truck
- swap cracked fuel return hard line

Have all the seals as of last night
Have had the brake parts and tank straps for a while
Camshaft should be here Friday, just ordered it from Peak Diesel

Tempted to swap injectors too but I think I'll wait on that.
Looking forward to lower EGTs and less leaky pile status.

There may be a little side trip that postpones this until after my Denver Jam, we'll see how timing works out.... I'd rather get this done first but we'll see.

M4wdFab:
the dumpbus drove out tonight with a new cam!

dubt:
nice

mr.mindless:
Put 35 miles on it. Took a little timing out too. I think I was at 16-16.5 before, now I'm at about 14.5 if I remember right - and if 3* is the proper correction for the pop pressure difference. Feels way slower off the line, not sure if I like that. Starts a million times easier though. 15-15.5 is probably the sweet spot.

Got on it good coming back home once and I can still get it hot but I think it's more reasonable now. I didn't bury the pyro, which I think I could before if I tried. Need to get a load behind it and pull US15 N to really know if it helped me as much as I hope.

Found and fixed a few other issues while I was in it. Think I have a couple weeping injector lines to deal with, and I definitely have a big bubble in the heater core. Brr. Fixed the shutdown solenoid bracket again, hopefully for the last time. All my timing cover bolts had been loose, that was probably most of the oil leak. All locktited this time around. Though I'd done that before but ???

Gotta clean up my mess of tools in the shop tomorrow. May go after some of the remaining project bits too. Like the overflow bottle that I'm degunking, and brakes and straps (now that I put 27 gallons in the tank tonight. Oops)

jacel86:
You were able to bury the Pyro within seconds towing my heap

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version