Projects place > Projects Section

bring the dakota back

(1/5) > >>

mr.mindless:
I should do something with my pile. what did a steering ram cost, again? I could strip some ring gears if I could steer without pissing fluid everywhere and see if the rest of everything really is junk or not.

M4wdFab:
how bad was the ring gear chips? and what was your backlash?

put a new steering box on
put a new pump on
put a speedway 200$ cooler on it
put gears / inner pinion bearing / pinion seals into it  450$

loose the bed, roll some tube with expanded steel platform, mounted tool box / jack, and spare tire mount.  maybe loose 10" out of the rear while you are at it.

1000$ and 3 days in the shop this could be back for another 5 years of wheeling

etk300ex:
Mine was 1ish ram, 3ish orbital, 2ish lines.  Lessons: does not work so well with TRE's, pump sucks, should of got double ended bolt on kit for 1000

etk300ex:

--- Quote from: M4wdFab on July 12, 2013, 01:39:01 PM ---1000$ and 3 days in the shop this could be back for another 5 years of wheeling

--- End quote ---

I agree

mr.mindless:
deserves a fresh pump. that's as likely to be the leak as anything else.

It has a spin on filter and OK stacked plate cooler already, but on the radiator stack not with a dedicated fan.

gear teeth are pretty bad. it'll strip a spot if it load the area hard once or twice more. looks like the pinion was shallow on the. best pics I have without more than 2 seconds digging.

it'll still ride like SHIT. that's the main complaint (severely oversprung on both ends) - but no motivation to do anything about that without either good parts or a running working thing

[attachment deleted by admin]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version