Projects place > Projects Section

TDI Wonder 4.0

<< < (3/16) > >>

mr.mindless:
Started several times today. No further issues. Had a code set for weak key signal.

I’m very very very impressed with this headlight restore. Did it on my z4, great for months there so far. Brought these lights back from almost entirely opaque.

Committing to this as the stop gap car. Sarah replacing the equinox on her insurance tomorrow and I’m writing up the paperwork to title to her and put her plates on it.

Has a BRAKE and ABS light on, reports rear wheel speed sensor issues only. Bearings feel great. I don’t expect a BRAKE light blinking from that, just abs. Strange.

Exhaust repair and it’ll be good to go until whatever happens next. I’ll drive it for a few days first. While I wait for radiators

mr.mindless:
Needed: ~18” of 55mm/ 2.25 exhaust tubing

Looks like my stock is all 3” and 5”

I am surprised I didn’t save exhaust tubing from the last VWs I scrapped but I seems I didn’t :(

mr.mindless:
All done. Papers done. Hopefully rolling legal tmw.

May or may not ‘risky’ from home to dmv.

mr.mindless:
I forgot to try putting clear over the Krylon silver to see if it matches the car better.

IWas gonna say it’s not a lot better than a black fender would be if I just bolted the new one on. But on second look in different equally poor lighting it’s not toooooo bad

mr.mindless:
The clear made it look way worse. Splotchy. Either a mismatch or the clear is shot. It wasn't under-shaken...

Put almost 50 miles on so far today. check engine popped on, didn't pull code yet. ABS light stays all the time, the blinking BRAKE light was gone once but then back the next key cycle. Only brake codes previously were both rear wheel speed sensors. At a glance they looked good and the wires looked good but I didn't do a full trace.

Has a pretty good exhaust smell, I think the flex pipe must be cracked, and that's up by the engine so pretty annoying. As in "I hope the turbo studs don't all break off when I pull the exhaust" annoying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version