Author Topic: tire machine / bead breaker discussion  (Read 1279 times)

M4wdFab

• Administrator
tire machine / bead breaker discussion
« on: June 24, 2014, 10:09:53 AM »
my lift pump has quick connects on it- was thinking about making a thing with a ram that plugs into the lift pressure.  hit the button to squeeze, hit release to let a spring loaded ram come back.  probably work pretty good.  have ram from 571 left

mr.mindless

• Administrator
Re: tire machine / bead breaker discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 10:17:33 AM »
I don't know why I haven't thought of using mowzer hydraulics for things like that....

I've seen some lever bead breakers that probably would be perfectly serviceable and maybe easier and quicker. I've even watched some wooden ones work for small tires on the youtube. I was close to building something but didn't like my scrap options and not having a plasma cutter makes me lazy, so I just kept using the air/hydro jack. A heavy frame to keep things aligned wouldn't be bad but just using a 6:1 ratio on a lever would probably work just as well and (maybe?) be quicker.
Quote from: etk300ex
oh lord!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
tire machine / bead breaker discussion
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 09:44:37 PM »
The music in the video definitely adds value!

Acme thread seems like a better choice for longevity but the design seems solid for something like this. The benefits to beadlock assembly seem substantial even without tire balls in play.

https://www.billbairdmotorsports.com/tire-balls-portable-tire-changer-bill-baird-motorsports

Tapatalking in traffic
Quote from: etk300ex
oh lord!

M4wdFab

• Administrator
Re: tire machine / bead breaker discussion
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 09:34:37 AM »
what a bunch of clap trap