Projects place > Projects Section

Brandy new 4500 Cummins

<< < (117/117)

gif:
I buy used OEM MAF for my builds (ebay).  I never have had a bad one.  knock on wood... ::)

--- Quote from: M4wdFab on March 25, 2024, 10:19:18 AM ---345$ for a mopar MAF sensor, alot of the forums are saying you must get a mopar sensor only.

30$ amazon and ebay sensors that say are compatable i guess have a bad wrap.

this is annoying.

going to do some voltage checks as procedure outlines i guess.

--- End quote ---

M4wdFab:
i have never had a bad maf for an LS, just use what ever the donar had.  i guess 6.7cummins is special.    Even Mikey G that did the tune agrees, only mopar/contanetal work, he has them from cummins for 250$

i think im going to steal the one out of my brother in laws truck this weekend and swap it in.

M4wdFab:
installed 4 new OE style seat covers and they look great, 99% match to OEM

ended up switching lower seat foam side to side, so my driver seat is fresh like new, and the passenger seat that had some wear that edge is now on the inside so its also good. 

next time ill have a pair of hog ring pliers on hand, i didnt realize there were ringed in pleats that i had to disconnect and connect the new fabric too in a few places. 

overall, super happy for 100$.  took about an hour to do all 4 after learning on the first one a bit. 

mr.mindless:
Sounds like 100% win

I guess I’ve got 100k on my seat covers and new foam now. It still feels perfect.

M4wdFab:
switched back to original sensor. 

cleaned OE sensor with spray electrical contact cleaner.

no change.  bid on an OE ebay sensor, then going to dealer i guess. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version