Projects place > Projects Section

The Profender 4-seater

(1/77) > >>

Ryan:
The goal for this build was to give me a buggy I can fit the kids into and race in the RcRocs series.

It all started when Smike found a 2006 6.0 Out of a Silverado and an attached 4L80E 2wd trans. He dident want it, so I went and picked it up.

Now I had a motor and no chassis. After looking around at what was available I found something I liked, but the cost was too high. So Smike said he would build me a roller.

And so it began

Ryan:
That was about 2 days worth of work.

Motor/trans and a 22 gallon fuel cell

Transfer case, divorced 205

Corbeau Baja SS Suspension seats installed

Ryan:
The stock exhaust manifolds did not work well, so I got a set of block hugger headers off Summit for around $200. They fit much better.

Axles are Chevy 14 bolt and Dana 60. Got a good deal from Josh on these babies, they were showroom fresh.   :-\

After Smike filled his lungs, and shop with rust from cleaning up the axles he did the 4-links.

Ryan:
We used 1.25" Ruff Stuff heims on the axle ends and bushings on the frame end. All tabs are 3/8" and braced up nice and strong. The links are made from 2" .250" square.

The front axle received an Artec truss and ram mount along with the Artec high steer arms, ARP studs, and steering links from Ruff stuff. The Artec allow you to run use the stock steering arm for a much stronger knuckle.

The Trail Gear double ended ram took needed some spacers made to get it to fit.

Ryan:

When the fab work was done the chassis was stripped down and taken out to the "old" shop for final welding.

Brought up the Aussie trailer and picked up my new roller.

We found out that H2 wheels do not work with the Artec steering arms. Had to loosen up the front lug nuts to get the tires away from the arms enough to roll.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version