Projects place > Tech

and again, passenger plates on a "truck" in NYS

<< < (2/3) > >>

M4wdFab:
maine will also plate my truck, should have just did that from new, and banked the 4500$ in tax money for fines if needed later

mr.mindless:
Yup. Or do an llc in another state and drive a company truck.  More above board than registering personally in another state. Montana is popular - but popular to the point of getting unwanted attention so I’ve heard. Not sure what can be done beyond harassment since a company can form anywhere it wants and can own and license vehicles. Its a known tax dodge though. Corporate insurance is the only other practical hassle.

Tapatalking in traffic

M4wdFab:
but "company truck" must lead the way to commercial...? 

id be fine with a NYS plate that says passenger, but plated for the same 12K  no way they would question that or know about the law if NYS DMV issued the plate  properly.   

mr.mindless:
Hmm, good point. Class of registration is what matters here though. I’m not sure about Maine or Montana when UR comes to 1+ ton trucks. I do recall Minnesota heavy trucks got different plates as well.

RV for the win, I guess

Tapatalking in traffic

M4wdFab:
i still dont want a useless 50K thing sitting somewhere.  a 45/5500 is so much more usefull to me.  and its nice. 

im curious how JJ plans to do his

maybe some imput from Nick on his iner state CMV usage and regs would also help

passenger plated truck and breaking the 26K law seems the best route, since the scales will never ding for passenger plate....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version