Projects place > Tech

and again, passenger plates on a "truck" in NYS

<< < (3/3)

Nick:
My dump is registered at 33,200 lbs the heavy truck stuff is a registration every year not two like a normal vehicle. My insurance just for my dump truck is around $1400 a year I also pay a HUT tax thing that you get a number and sticker and a couple times a year they mail a thing and you fill out what your milage is and send in a check.  It is really cheap like $40 every couple months something around there.  I have a company DOT number also.  I don't really know much since I am not and never was taught much I just learn as I go.  I didn't know about HUT number for like a year and a half after I noticed every dump truck I seen had a funny sticker I didn't have.  I have never once been hassled on any of my stuff and I'm on the road all day everyday pretty much all summer.  Now crossing state lines is probably a whole different ball game that I have no idea.  That's my little bit of knowledge and if I was in your shoes I would just avoid all that extra attention and take every sticker off your trailer and just roll dirty!

Ryan:
SEMA now has a website for all the laws.

http://www.semasan.com/page.asp?content=motorsports_trailers&g=SEMAGA

gif:

--- Quote from: Off Road Industries on February 20, 2016, 10:20:01 AM ---SEMA now has a website for all the laws.

http://www.semasan.com/page.asp?content=motorsports_trailers&g=SEMAGA

--- End quote ---

i have never seen a firewood truck/trailer covered...

It is unlawful to operate any
open truck or trailer
transporting loose materials,
unless the truck or trailer has
a cover

JWOK:
Recently I bought a 96 12 valve dually 2wd. I remembered all the issues you guys were having when hauling and having commercial plates.  I went to the DMV and asked if I could get passenger plates. She looked at the title, checked the passenger plate box on the form and voilà.
So, the reason I was able to be successful is because the titled weight of the truck is 5800lbs.  I don't think the weight is true but I'm going with it  ;)   I guess you just gotta put the tow pigs on a diet.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version