Author Topic: Time for Tons  (Read 67020 times)

Harrison

Re: Time for Tons
« Reply #270 on: June 06, 2014, 03:56:06 PM »
Vehicle speed sensor. There's an adapter from the Bronco D20 speedo gear thingy, sure the issue is surrounding that. Seems to read on the speedo though.

Harrison

« Reply #271 on: June 11, 2014, 12:50:17 PM »

No more chasing down stock housings. New harness ordered.

JEEPWERX

• Friendly Competitor
  • Friendly Competitor!
    • JEEPWERX
« Reply #272 on: June 11, 2014, 12:57:22 PM »
Nice

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #273 on: June 11, 2014, 01:28:01 PM »
side markers?
Quote from: etk300ex
oh lord!

etk300ex

« Reply #274 on: June 11, 2014, 01:29:50 PM »
Sweet back window!

Harrison

« Reply #275 on: June 11, 2014, 01:34:51 PM »
side markers?

Didn't even think of that. Does it need to flash with turn signal as well? Or just tail light.

We don't have safety inspection, seems unlikely a cop would get me for that. I suppose I may attract attention of a cop looking for someone to give a ticket though...

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #276 on: June 11, 2014, 01:40:18 PM »
I ran side markers for visibility and safety, screw inspection... Flush mounted tail lights give you no side profile at all.

I just grounded mine through the bright circuit, so it flashed with the turn signal with lights off, and against the turn signal with lights on. Made it go out with brakes applied and lights on, but I was happy enough since I didn't have a just-signal light to work with back there on mine (though you do - you could put a light between the tail light and the signal. If it's an LED you need a rectifier since polarity will run both ways)
oh lord!

jaysenodell

« Reply #277 on: June 11, 2014, 02:23:14 PM »
eagle eye from ryan and a rectifier from radios shack (or make one if you have the diodes) per side. Only need a 3/8" hole for the EE to "screw" into. A little bigger and the included nut can be used to hold it in.
Mid Life Crisis in the making -- '02 TJ i4 manual, Aussie Locker magic pulling from the front

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #278 on: June 11, 2014, 04:55:54 PM »
Or a side marker light with a built-in diode like I grabbed from wherever and ran inside the old tail light housing

Should do the same with The Mule.
oh lord!

Harrison

« Reply #279 on: July 06, 2014, 08:19:44 PM »
5.38s installed a couple weekends ago. Really nice now that I've gotten it out a couple times with them. Kept the D20 in low, and switched the doubler between ranges for crawl/wheelspeed needs. Really nice compared to just low/low with 4.10s.

Converter is smooshed, definitely killing top end performance (little I have) and needs shocks. Then I can... kinda street it?

Blew out another rear window. Smooshed the roof into the cage in a couple spots. Only a matter of time before that's the entire thing, I'm sure. Need to get the unibody/cage tie in plates done before it's too late to do anything. Also needs tube tied into front unibody plating/bumper. Leaf mounts on both ends need rebuilding this winter, assuming they last that long [knock on wood.]

Creepies really bring the suck when any moisture is involved. A little disappointing. Thinking I will do some weld on beadlocks on some stock Ford 8 lug steel wheels. Eventually thinking Krawlers and nice beadlocks.

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #280 on: July 06, 2014, 08:25:47 PM »
Dans crawlers work pretty good.  they wouldn't last a mile on my car at that pressure though. 

Harrison

« Reply #281 on: July 28, 2014, 12:03:26 PM »
On a positive note, this thing had an awesome weekend. It just keeps taking everything I throw at it. Did trail 5 hill climb and steep stepped climb to the right of the v-notch on crawler ridge. Two things I've been attempting for years unsuccessfully. No carnage other than Hannah getting stung by one of the bees who's nest a disturbed on my way up.

Looking to quiet it down a bit though. Hollowed cat and 12" glass pack leave some muffling to be desired. 28" glass pack and turbo muffler are within $5 of each other... Thoughts on which will be louder?

Harrison

Time for Tons
« Reply #282 on: July 28, 2014, 12:04:46 PM »
Thought has crossed my mind to sell all things tow rig and use the money for Atlas, 1350 driveshafts, more tube and just hawg this thing everywhere UA style. Drove it to gas station down Molleystown Rd and back and was pleasantly surprised.

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #283 on: July 28, 2014, 12:09:03 PM »
Don't do it!

but I'd love to see you do it. It's just a huge commitment... and fraught with even more room for trouble than the tow rig.
oh lord!

Wingman

• Free Loader
« Reply #284 on: July 28, 2014, 12:13:55 PM »
Looking to quiet it down a bit though. Hollowed cat and 12" glass pack leave some muffling to be desired. 28" glass pack and turbo muffler are within $5 of each other... Thoughts on which will be louder?

I think a glasspack will always be louder since it's straight-through.

Thought has crossed my mind to sell all things tow rig and use the money for Atlas, 1350 driveshafts, more tube and just hawg this thing everywhere UA style. Drove it to gas station down Molleystown Rd and back and was pleasantly surprised.

In theory, this sounds cool.   Fiscally, very appealing.  But reality will hurt when you have that breakage you can't or don't want to fix in a parking lot.
Retired