Projects place > Tech

New Tig Welder

(1/2) > >>

M4wdFab:
Fedex says my new welder will be here tomorrow morning! 

Primeweld 325 with 25' torch / water cooler. 

should have all of the fancy knobs for aluminum and impressive duty cycle. 

280A @ 60%
250A @ 100%
325A @ 40%

did i give someone a blue container of tig wire when i moved from my old shop? not sure where it came from or if i gave it away, just wondering if anyone rings any bells and its still sitting unused somewhere haha 

mr.mindless:
No bells here.

Been wishing for tig on and off. Not enough wish to go shopping. Sure would make a lot of things easier, non structural in particular like body and exhaust and plumbing.

M4wdFab:
i guess you can order tig wire at 8PM and it says tomorrow delivery lol.  amazon is nuts.  cool. 

i have most of a tank of 100 Argon still from my spool gun fail days.  need to go get mix gas tomorrow also. 

M4wdFab:
welder came with consumables that didnt fit the torch, odd.

had planned to hit Jackson today anyway for 4 gas bottle exchanges, and they had some good stuff on the shelf.

series 2 consumables kit, 25' zipper sheath for torch leads. 

was really nice to not be hasseled about where i got my welder or what i was doing, guy behind counter was just nice and helped me out.  also gave me like 20-40% off when i was short on pocket cash with gas/5year lease updates, tig goodies haha  spent like 600$

first boogers!

M4wdFab:
put together a nice cart.  still will add rod holders once i settle on the kind i like. 

Ike my Neighbor stopped over with his helmet and gave me some tips and feed back.

im almost confident after the next sit down ill pick up the fuel cell enclosure i have and burn it together.  getting there, but still have some basics to get in with muscle memory ect for feeding wire. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version