Projects place > Tech

CNC plasma cutting

(1/4) > >>

M4wdFab:
Picked up mikes Langmuir table to borrow for a bit.

just pounded through entire software install and process to produce first G code to try and burn tomorrow after hardware setup.

fusion 360- sketch part make dxf
Fusion CAM  make tool paths / g code
Fire control- load program to machine to burn /

pretty neat process, videos on site make it pretty idiot proof.  only annoying a few times that selections/process was outdated to latest versions but nothing major. 

hold on to your butts! 

mr.mindless:
It was the hooking up to the plasma cutter for power feedback and height control feedback that seemed like the only potential hard part. Glad the computer side seemed good so far.

That was my first bone stock Microsoft win11 install, really gross process. I kinda can’t stand 11. Hopefully I turned off and uninstalled enough crap to make it tolerable. Not looking forward to having to move everything to it.

I’ve got an old Surface that I think I’m going to try and set up my car diagnostics software and radio programming on. Don’t really look forward to reinstalling all that stuff either. Silly to need so many things. BMW diags, vw diags and I think two programming titles, GM programming, two different radio programming programs…

M4wdFab:
entire machine sprayed down with simple green and cleaned, slats pulled and needle scaled, flipped over.  water table chipped out and vacuumed up.  wired, and really got it semi going first try.  little tweaking and learning and im off and going! 

no complaints or annoyances with the lap top, runs crip and clean.  I haven't tried to load up my LS PCM software yet but would be nice if it plays ok that (PCM hammer and Tuner pro)  Flashing a PCM right now actually with another broken screened (mosty pink display now lol) lap top thats still barley kicking

i didnt look in to power feed back to much as i could only round up 1 of the 4 missing cables/plugs id need, so right now it just has initial height torch sense (which is really annoying to get to work right) 

i kinda plan on buying a CNC ready higher amp plasma and just buy the cable that plugs in (or wolfi said he has a cable for me) 

successfully cut out lower link chassis tabs out of 1/4" and have design work started for uppers.  perfect timing as picking up the other SD60 tomorrow in niagara falls. 

mr.mindless:
Awesome all around!

M4wdFab:
almost pulled the trigger on a hypertherm 1000 today, but decided to hold off. 

i put some more work in to tweaking settings and learning how to get my 380 to cut 1/4" with good results today. 

cut out all the lower link tabs for the buggy, turned out awesome. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version