Author Topic: Time for Tons  (Read 66924 times)

rejeep

• M4wd Vendor
Re: Time for Tons
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2013, 11:57:26 AM »
didnt know you were driver side drop...
I never wanted a red car.. always thought they were tacky and common...
I now have 4 very not common cars and they are all red.. :o

Harrison

« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2013, 12:07:08 PM »
Yep, Bronco 20s are driver drop. It came with an Advance Adapters Jeep conversion and was bolted to a doubler. Works sweet, but was used hard for like 8 years or something before I got it.

Was hoping I could get parts here before the weekend, but whatever. I need to finish my truck and get it out of the garage first so I can get that thing in and figure out what it needs.

rejeep

• M4wd Vendor
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2013, 12:08:05 PM »
ohh i know the broncos are DSD...
I just used some of the bronco sites for parts since they have nice catalog options... I though thats what you were doing..
I never wanted a red car.. always thought they were tacky and common...
I now have 4 very not common cars and they are all red.. :o

Harrison

Time for Tons
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2013, 10:50:09 PM »
Gave the rear yoke nut 1/4 turn and that tightened up enough for me to consider it "ok". No such luck with the front yoke.

Got the front yoke and seal assy off:

It doesn't come out like Smike described. I'm guessing I will also need to take this cover off:

But that's not going to happen without either taking out the crossmember to drop everything a few inches or dropping the t-case altogether.

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2013, 11:18:19 PM »
i think there is just a snap ring behind that.  ill pull the cover on the one i have at home tomorrow. i just looked at it.  i also have a loose rear output assembly if you want it.  my loose front assembly now that i think about it i gave to a kid a RC one weekend. 

Harrison

« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2013, 11:59:14 AM »
My friend Chris (tan early Bronco) is making a run to some guy down in Philly with a ton of EB parts, said he'd grab a case for me if he had one. I'm considering throwing this back together, maybe removing a shim somewhere if I can? to tighten up that front output and rocking it one more weekend.

I'm lazy and am more interested in getting my WMO setup going right now haha  ::)

We'll see how it goes

Harrison

« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2013, 08:56:17 PM »
Removed that back plate. There were shims that set the preload on the bearings on the front output. I removed the thinnest one and reinstalled, mint. Hopefully that will buy me some time.

Kinda unsquished exhaust from the front of transmission pan. Trans pan still has a big dent, might just leave it. Doubt I'll have time to build a skid before Rausch, but it's on the list.

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2013, 09:47:30 AM »
the dent improves clearance. less chance of damage now, it's fine!
Quote from: etk300ex
oh lord!

Harrison

« Reply #158 on: June 14, 2013, 01:56:27 PM »
Nevermind, read the ad wrong
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 02:02:08 PM by Harrison »

Harrison

« Reply #159 on: June 24, 2013, 11:47:05 AM »
New to me Waggy arm is holding straight and true. Guess I'll chock that up to bad manufacturing...?

No issues all weekend. Thing walks down Rock Creek like nothing now... almost too easy... almost  8)

Nothing like wedging a front tire and just using more gas.

Needs a rear crossmember to support the D20 and full belly skid. Needs trans/engine pan skid. Heims clunk. Shafts need to be ground for full circle clips and axle seals need replacing. Hydro assist would be nice.

Tires are chunking bad. They're hard and suck anyway. I may have a little cash coming my way... debating Creepies or MTRs. Creepies come in 16" and would therefore fit my current wheels. That's a plus.

Harrison

« Reply #160 on: June 24, 2013, 02:05:01 PM »
I'm also realzing that I need a cage. Preferrably sooner than later. Even if it's something basic for now to keep everything together and to be expanded on later.

Considering these options:

Strip your interior out and drop it off to M4.

weld in,half the price and a good start
http://www.dandcextreme.com/product_template.asp?pkID=126

Also, what are everyone's opinions on internal vs exo? There is something about building an exo around something with body damage that I don't like. Also not in love with the exo look. That being said, it's hard to deny their functionality. Another option would be an internal cage with a halo of some sort. Body is already getting kinda bad, and I almost wouldn't care if it looked like a Dakota as long as I knew it was structurally sound.

Meh

Ryan

• M4wd Vendor
  • Superstar
    • Lifetime LED
« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2013, 02:20:42 PM »
Exo is great for rubbing on trees Done right they look great. The one on the samurai was awesome.

Wingman

• Free Loader
« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2013, 02:47:01 PM »
Do an internal and plate the outside where it would rub, to keep glass in tact...
Retired

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: June 24, 2013, 03:04:45 PM »
hybrid. it's a unibody so you can do "both"

give it a halo and some rub rails below the back glass.
Quote from: etk300ex
oh lord!

Harrison

« Reply #164 on: June 25, 2013, 11:02:15 AM »
I could be talked into a full exo if I was in the right mood. Sometimes it seems like the way to go with something that is only going to continue to grow and be pushed harder. Also seems like it would be easier to build.

Smike? Any thoughts from the master toob bender?