Projects place > Projects Section

now 2022 veg garden

<< < (9/10) > >>

mr.mindless:
how were your results this year?

We ended up wasting the second half of the cucumber harvest. pickles from the first half are edible now but haven't cracked a jar. did get into the beets and they were great. carrots were similartly overwhelming. planted WAY too much celery and only used a bit of it. Lots of learning in year one.

M4wdFab:
zukini and squash did well. 

bunnies pretty much ate my beets and all the corn

lettace was a complete waste and tastes like dirt no matter how much you wash. 

sprinklers and increased fence was really my progress this year. 

I plan in next few weeks to bush hog, rake, till, and cover with plastic and tires for the winter this time to try and reduce weeds for next year

etk300ex:
We had tons of sweet peppers, cherry tomatoes and probably 50 lbs of sweet potatoes.  Not much else did well. Strawberry harvest was very poor, lettuce was garbage as well.

M4wdFab:
fresh potting soil in two window baskets and green onions, radishes planted.  i have one radish or beet that is like over a foot tall that i have kept planted over the winter for fun and its still going strong. no idea whats under the soil but its looking great. 

M4wdFab:
having my last squash as part of dinner tonight.  pretty cool its sat on my counter since the fall, and tastes great just as they did when fresh picked.  ill have to keep more of them this year from next winter. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version