Projects place > Projects Section

Poor Man’s SxS

<< < (2/7) > >>

MarcW:
More recently I decided to rewire a few things, and delete everything off the column. Trackicks have a funny shift interlock system, that combined with a broken pin in the ignition cylinder made starting it a patient man’s game. So I deleted all of it.

I wired up the essentials that I wanted using Carling switches, and gave it push button start. I plan to run these switches on the Race Jeep so I figured if I can get them to survive the abuse in the Tracker they should be fine. I know some like the sealed toggles for open applications, but the only bad thing I’ve read about Carling switches is debris getting behind the rocker, and I like the ease of an all in one unit.

mr.mindless:
carlings are among the only switches I haven't had failures of in 571. even a couple sealed pushbuttons have flaked out, though most were older than the Conturas I use. Good call.

MarcW:

--- Quote from: mr.mindless on July 26, 2018, 08:47:18 PM ---carlings are among the only switches I haven't had failures of in 571. even a couple sealed pushbuttons have flaked out, though most were older than the Conturas I use. Good call.

--- End quote ---

I’ve been running them for a couple years now between various vehicles, but never in an open application before. That’s good to hear they handle the abuse. No trouble with mud or debris preventing the rocker from, rocking?

MarcW:
This thing literally gets treated like a SxS, it gets parked, then hosed down inside and out after each trip. I figured if something shorts or quits it wasn’t meant to be.

mr.mindless:
pressure washer fixes that right up

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version