Projects place > Tech

Budget Full Hydro

<< < (6/6)

gif:

--- Quote from: Harrison on May 18, 2015, 04:36:50 PM ---I was worried more if the 3 to 4 turn ratio seemed reasonable. Reducing the rod size makes them closer but not many options for big cylinder with a small rod.

Stock XJ is like 3.5 lock to lock so I figured that was reasonable. A bigger ram later on would get me under 3 pretty easily.

--- End quote ---

Most cars are 3-4 lock to lock.

This is what i modeled mine around.  In a panic mode i wanted the buggy to react as expected.  99% of the time im driving a street vehicle.

Right now im at 3 lock to lock

gif:

--- Quote from: Harrison on May 18, 2015, 01:57:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: gif on May 15, 2015, 10:10:57 PM ---Cons: uneven cycle time lock to lock   (i never noticed this in mine, even at speed)
          uneven power lock to lock  (again, i never noticed this)  if you can feel the difference then your system was designed wrong from the start.

--- End quote ---

What size rod were you running with your 2.5x10 ram? A 2.5x8x1.125 gives me 3 turns one way and 4 the other with a 9.7 cu in steering valve. For comparison, what did yours end up being?

Going to 2.5x8x1 makes it 3.4 and 4 turns... but that size isn't an option on Surplus Center. 2.5x10x1 is an option though... is that why you went with a 10" ram and put a limiting collar on it? My 8" assist ram is a perfect match for my steering range, but I have it limited a little to keep the tires out of the links.

--- End quote ---

I needed 9" of total stroke.   I cut the stops off the axle to get a little more steer...   

Harrison:

--- Quote from: gif on May 27, 2015, 03:23:07 PM ---Right now im at 3 lock to lock

--- End quote ---

On paper, what was the difference in turns L and R with your SE setup?

I already pulled the trigger on the 9.7 cu in steering valve. 3 turns lock to lock one way, 4 the other.

gif:

--- Quote from: Harrison on May 27, 2015, 04:43:30 PM ---

--- Quote from: gif on May 27, 2015, 03:23:07 PM ---Right now im at 3 lock to lock

--- End quote ---

On paper, what was the difference in turns L and R with your SE setup?

I already pulled the trigger on the 9.7 cu in steering valve. 3 turns lock to lock one way, 4 the other.

--- End quote ---

same,  3  and 4

M4wdFab:
1.7   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version