Projects place > Tech

Budget Full Hydro

(1/6) > >>

Harrison:
Just read through part of Matt's build and found this:

Also found a post from Gif with a deleted spreadsheet I'm assuming was used for matching orbital/ram displacements. Gif, can you post this again?

Do you guys have any links to info on all the different types of orbitals? Load reactive, load sensing, etc. I'm thinking it's not safe to assume I want the same orbital as Matt. Looking to do something to Troy/571 originally/Jeff/Erik's CJ.

Will a hot rodded stock pump or something more HD like a WJ pump feed a single ended 8" ram

End goal will be easily steering 39" Reds. Occasional street use (no inspection here, not looking to start that debate)

Thanks guys

luvmyxj:
i used the stock pump on the i6 in the mj, worked just fine
used the stock pressure line and cut it ,smike gave me a high pressure compression fitting to attach to a hose

mr.mindless:
Stock pumps on 571 and 572. No hot rodding as far as I'm aware. Stock hydroboost pumps on both?

Tapatalking in traffic

Harrison:
What about orbital types? What will I want for this application? PSC says they only sell load reactive. They have two different options, I put the cheaper in my cart below but have no idea what the difference is.

Also says the number of turns lock to lock is determined by dividing cylinder fluid volume by orbital volume. Makes sense. How is cylinder volume calculated? Simple as 2.5"dia x 8" length or does shaft size come into account?

Parts from PSC single ended ram kit, minus pump, res, and ram. Ram w same dimensions from Surplus Center. Can I get the lines cheaper? I'm assuming I'm stuck with their orbital to shaft adapter thingy.

etk300ex:
My advice from piecing together hydro...buy the double ended full hydro kit from trail gear for $900 and be done with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version