Projects place > Projects Section

TDI Wonder 2.0

<< < (2/24) > >>

mr.mindless:
Back home with High Miler stopped for a sticker.

Drives pretty good. Gotta chase low power though, which I don’t remember from initial drives.

Start with fuel and air filters. I shoulda had Scottie’s do an oil change and just thought of it. Oh well

mr.mindless:
Drives well. Did some logging and I think VG turbo may be stuck or actuator goofed up. I also think low power is due to lack of fuel so hopefully filter fixes. Demands 23-25mg/stroke of fuel at full go, but no changes in butt dyno past 13-15mg/s.

Intake is clean.

Didn’t check timing, but belt is on the way so that’ll get reset anyway.

Hopefully I can get the hatch to close a bit further or make the weather seal bigger to knock down some wind noise. That and some shocks and rebablance the tires and it won’t even feel like an unknown history twice rebuilt wreck!

mr.mindless:
New filters were no help. Oldies didn’t look bad. Have an overboost code. I bet the turbo vanes are jammed up, or the goofy actuation system is fuckered, and it’s throwing me to a limp mode once it overboosts which is why I didn’t notice until a highway run.

mr.mindless:
Lost the serpentine belt just as I was getting up to Greece for turkey.

Everything spun free. Back side of belt looked like hell though. Pretty sure the tensioner locked up while under tension. Knew it was bad but didn’t think it’d vacate before Sunday’s planned wrenching.

Battery recovered to 12.0 after starting and killing the DRLs. Still at 12.0 when I got home.

mr.mindless:
Timing belt job done. Found 2 finger loose bolts.
Serpentine failure was the idler disintegrating, not tensioner locking.

Pulley was gone entirely so I missed it as root cause in situ.

Code set for overboost. Vacuum lines look good. Have a lil hunting to do on that. Daily status as a slow car in the mean time, see how she does.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version