Author Topic: new house for mikemike  (Read 45021 times)

mr.mindless

• Administrator
Re: new house for mikemike
« Reply #630 on: October 18, 2022, 01:13:02 PM »
yeah I haven't found any old enough PCs to try and stuff that card into. haven't been looking hard but would definitely be nice. he replied on marketplace, hopefully go look/grab late this evening.
Quote from: etk300ex
oh lord!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #631 on: November 13, 2022, 05:56:05 PM »
Cleaned out the oil burner. I should have done this sooner. Scary amount of ash, I used my ash vac whole holds probably 3 gallons below the filters, and I filled it four times.

Lit right up and burning happily. The manual says yearly nozzle and igniter replacement,  so I should probably get those on hand. I’ll find out next year how long it’d been since ash clean out. I’m betting my 2 years on it was less than half of what was in it.

The color difference in the back of the chamber is where the ash line was. The tubes were half full

Corrosion levels appear neat zero.

oh lord!

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #632 on: November 13, 2022, 06:19:42 PM »
lol nice

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #633 on: December 04, 2022, 04:10:53 PM »
Put a wifi thermostat on the shop furnace so I can turn it up before I come outside to stumble around, lose things, and not work.

can't get the blower to work. new 'stat needs a C wire and would not work off the oil controller. semi expected.
Previously, I had triggered a 24vac relay to energize a 120v outlet using the existing low voltage from the oil controller and that worked great.
Using the same G wire (typically fan control) and the new stat, with separate thermostat power (using Rh and C) it doesn't energize the fan.

if I bridge R to G the fan comes on. it won't go with the thermostat though. the pins on the back don't do exactly as I expect but god forbid an actual wiring diagram is published for someone trying to make things control things they shouldn't lol

might have to keep an old stat around to run that fan, or tie it into the furnace blower. otherwise it'll only heat the old side of the shop and not the new side...
oh lord!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #634 on: December 04, 2022, 11:08:45 PM »
anyone have some 1/2 or better plywood drops min size about 32x36?

have a corner screaming for some shelving, haven't stumbled on the right material in any of my stash.
oh lord!

luvmyxj

• Paying Customer
« Reply #635 on: December 05, 2022, 05:56:10 PM »
Put a wifi thermostat on the shop furnace so I can turn it up before I come outside to stumble around, lose things, and not work.

can't get the blower to work. new 'stat needs a C wire and would not work off the oil controller. semi expected.
Previously, I had triggered a 24vac relay to energize a 120v outlet using the existing low voltage from the oil controller and that worked great.
Using the same G wire (typically fan control) and the new stat, with separate thermostat power (using Rh and C) it doesn't energize the fan.

if I bridge R to G the fan comes on. it won't go with the thermostat though. the pins on the back don't do exactly as I expect but god forbid an actual wiring diagram is published for someone trying to make things control things they shouldn't lol

might have to keep an old stat around to run that fan, or tie it into the furnace blower. otherwise it'll only heat the old side of the shop and not the new side...
If it's a nest they have an adapter to bypass the c wire

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #636 on: December 07, 2022, 10:30:12 PM »
Density increased. Big bay cleared. “Receiving” shelves built for incoming/ in flight parts finally.

The automagic car wash didn’t hit 571 in the last 14 months. It did need a little voltage but it hasn’t been charged since October 2021 parking.

Ram on the other hand with its brand new wires and terminals and batteries was flat. fucking. dead.

Pushed into the big bay with the forklift and put on 15 amps for the night. There’s a chance a certain freeze baby left a seat heater on at last use a few weeks ago, was still plugged in to the always-live cig lighter. HOPE that was it.
oh lord!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #637 on: January 12, 2023, 10:30:15 AM »
Shop backup heat inop

I think I have no propane coming to the boiler. Haven’t tried hotwiring the gas control valve

Don’t like all that combustion corrosion on the heat exchanger either.

oh lord!

M4wdFab

• Administrator
« Reply #638 on: January 12, 2023, 05:03:22 PM »
Are you out of waste oil? Im down to my last 55g drum that had 10gal of coolant in the bottom bah!  I have 2 drums of solvent I guess I should have been mixing 50/50.  Def need to stock up more this summer I slacked!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #639 on: January 12, 2023, 08:47:09 PM »
I’ve got a partial tote way in back. Probably one tank in the furnace, might get through the rest of the winter as warm as it’s been.

I accidentally left a door up overnight when it was cold out, that cost me a bunch of oil, probably a weeks worth in a day.
oh lord!

etk300ex

« Reply #640 on: January 12, 2023, 08:48:32 PM »
Oh no!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #641 on: January 12, 2023, 08:51:49 PM »
Yeah it’s unfortunate but the garage door opener remotes can reach from the house to the shop.

I had door sensors but their batteries died. Need to fix them.
oh lord!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #642 on: March 03, 2023, 10:23:37 PM »
Power has been out for about an hour or a bit more (just me, no neighbors. verified nothing between ground and either feed coming from meter to main. Boo)

I feel like every time that water powered sump pump runs I owe Spencer a beer. Panicking about that when it was wet out sucked.
oh lord!

mr.mindless

• Administrator
« Reply #643 on: March 04, 2023, 07:03:22 AM »
Long enough without power and with snow outside, the water starts coming back.

Tiny mess now, almost nothing in finished space. Had to mop the bathroom floor downstairs is about all.

Whoever poured the basement did as good a job pitching it as the garage. Fuckin amateurs. Need to push like an inch of water from the far side of the basement back to the sump crock. Cleanest the crawl space part of the basement will ever be!
oh lord!

cracker

• Free Loader
« Reply #644 on: March 04, 2023, 07:38:03 AM »
Our power flashed once last night.